Thread: V3 Tac 13 SBS?

Feedback Score

V3 Tac 13 SBS?

Has anyone had their hands on a Remington V3 Tac 13? I am thinking this may be a nice SBS host but I the angle on the rear of the receiver looks slightly different than a standard versa max. I don't want to purchase this for the purpose of an SBS if an adapter will be needed that hasn't been invented yet.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

V3 Tac 13 SBS?

They have an adapter for the 870 grip (how it comes from Remington, you’ll see it between the receiver and the grip)... so I would think you’d just remove the adapter and put just the stock on. Or leave the adapter and run an 870 stock.
    Last edited by Screwball; 02-18-19 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    They have an adapter for the 870 grip (how it comes from Remington, you’ll see it between the receiver and the grip)... so I would think you’d just remove the adapter and put just the stock on. Or leave the adapter and run an 870 stock.
    Interesting. I was thinking about getting one and putting a brace on it. I suppose that means you could use an 870 brace too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Interesting. I was thinking about getting one and putting a brace on it. I suppose that means you could use an 870 brace too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Only issue is you’ll have a gap caused by the plate. So there will be space between the brace assembly and the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I unfortunately do not have V Tac 13, but I do have a Versamax and have long pondered making one into an SBS. I would love to see it if you end up getting one.

I have been very happy with my Versamax and I think the operating system would be perfect for an SBS and lend itself well to reliability even with very short barrels.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I think it would be sweet, but waiting to get my hands on one.

Feedback Score
    I got one recently and corresponded with Ergo Grips about an adapter for it. They're making one and it should hit the market mid / end April.

Feedback Score
    The screw needed for the Magpul SGA is a 1/4x28x2.5" allen keyed screw. I found a 3" and cut it down to 2.5". You have to put some pressure on the screw to get it into the opening in the SGA, but it will work and mates up perfectly to the 870 adapter they have on the Tac-13. I had my LGS that had their NFA Manufacturing license do this as to not violate any laws. EFile is in as of 7/16 - will update when completed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got one last month and e-filed for the stamp. I have the barrel out for engraving right now. Once I have the stamp, I may take the short Hogue stock off my 870 SBS and stick it on the TAC 13 until more custom stocks are available, just to see how it runs. I really like the idea of a semi-auto that comes from the factory configured to work with a short barrel, which is why I went with it instead of having something else cut down.