Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Manufacturing 99% of Everything In-house

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense Manufacturing 99% of Everything In-house

Per email correspondence:
    Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense. Daniel Defense makes 99% of all items in house, with the exception of certain pins and screws that most firearms manufacturers get from OEM companies. But as for the bolts, bolt carrier groups, gas block, grips and other components, those are all made in house.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The owner was also in favor of fixNICS until customers turned up the heat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...d-fixnics/amp/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    The owner was also in favor of fixNICS until customers turned up the heat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...d-fixnics/amp/
    Marty made a mistake, and owned up to it immediately. He didn't pay people to run around online and cover up for him like another company did when they made more outlandish suggestions.

Prepare- I wonder if they actually do casting, I wouldn't think so, but that statement kind of alludes to it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    After posting this I've been told the email reply is not accurate. The lack of honesty around manufacturing is pretty childish IMO.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    After posting this I've been told the email reply is not accurate. The lack of honesty around manufacturing is pretty childish IMO.
    Elaborate please...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still want a mk18 pistol before 2020.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Prepare- I wonder if they actually do casting, I wouldn't think so, but that statement kind of alludes to it.
    Assuming the OP's quoted email is accurate. I cannot imagine doing the volume to support casting/forging/injection moulding in house. On the other hand he does HF his own barrels but I wonder if he chromes them in house. Maybe he does contract work for other industries in addition to building rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree, the smoke and mirrors involved with manufacturers is a joke.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Assuming the OP's quoted email is accurate. I cannot imagine doing the volume to support casting/forging/injection moulding in house. On the other hand he does HF his own barrels but I wonder if he chromes them in house. Maybe he does contract work for other industries in addition to building rifles.
    There are only a handful of companies in the U.S. that can do industrial hard chrome, and I doubt Daniel Defense is one of them. The cost of entry into the industry, the tolerances involved, and the knowledge needed are too high for someone to decide to just start up their own hard chrome operation.

They also are not doing the casting of their receivers - the casting mark on my upper is proof of this. They do however do their own machining of their receivers. I say this as a Daniel Defense fan boy. My favorite AR is my Daniel Defense M4v7LW.
    Last edited by TexHill; 02-19-19 at 08:06.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Do you have any more info on this? I was excited when I clicked this thread because I may be getting a DDM4V5 soon. It's fine if they don't manufacture 99% in house, but I would like to know specifics if they are being dishonest.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast