Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Manufacturing 99% of Everything In-house

Feedback Score
    If it’s not true, could easily just be a clueless CSR. Definitely something to be fixed but not necessarily an indictment on the company.

Feedback Score
    I received a PM stating the info in the email was not factual. Since it was a private message that’s all I can say.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW after I did my DDM5V2 review a former DD employee who's a viewer of mine contacted me about this topic. He said the goal for the AR-10s was to make everything besides polymer stuff in house. He also stated that initially they had some issues with materials treatment with the BCGs which caused the DDm5 project to be delayed for about a year before they finally felt they got it right. But, he said they do pretty much everything besides trigger components and plastic parts on the M5s in house.

Now, the M5s have been out for a couple years. So who knows what's happened since but I'm just passing along what I was told by someone that was apparently actually there.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The obsession with with who makes every single part in a gun is childish to me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If DD did their own receiver casting / forgings in the house I would be suspicious, not encouraged.

Same for barrel chroming.

There's a big difference between having someone forge a receiver for you vs buying a premade receiver.

I also think you can take the "we make it all" too far. I don't like their polymer stuff, would rather see Magpul.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    ...They also are not doing the casting of their receivers - the casting mark on my upper is proof of this...
    You mean forging marks. AR receivers are forged, not cast.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-19-19 at 10:57.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Maybe it is childish. I digress. But it helps when comparing products to know as much about them as you can.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Who made all the parts in your phone?

Who made all the parts in your car?

Who made all the stuff in your clothes?

I understand its helpful knowing if a company is more of an 'assembler' of parts or also a manufacturer, but we are approaching ludicrous speed IMO.

Feedback Score
    If your interested I don’t see anything wrong with knowing what distinguishes a quality receiver or BCG from a PSA or a Anderson beyond QC. Awhile back I ordered some proprietary parts from Sig for a SIG516 and they arived in SIG packaging but said made in Taiwan. Had I known that beforehand I would have passed on the SIG. So it matters to some and others it doesn’t.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is like the "Swiss Made" wristwatch conspiracy all over again, lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast