Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Manufacturing 99% of Everything In-house

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ok, so if you are 'manufacturing stuff 100% in house', does that mean you now have to make the machines and tools that help make them for your?

CAD machines, computer programs, etc, etc?

Otherwise you are just making stuff using other people stuff. Seems kind of shady to me.

And then again you are making all that stuff in a building that someone else made for you....

Feedback Score
    The gun industry is like gov alphabet agencies with all their secrets and lies.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    But at least the gun industry makes something of value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    But at least the gun industry makes something of value.
    Yeah, I just prefer to know for sure that what I buy is actually valuable beyond a name brand.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Except the gun industry people are better at keeping secrets.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    The aluminum billet you forge was first cast. I knew what he ment.
    Don't assume the material used in the forging is a cast ingot. The primary reason to use a forging is to control the flow of the grain go maximize the strength of the part. Aluminum castings are porous with little control of the grain flow. It's more likely an extruded billet our flat forged billet is used so the grain will flow where they want it to.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Don't assume the material used in the forging is a cast ingot. The primary reason to use a forging is to control the flow of the grain go maximize the strength of the part. Aluminum castings are porous with little control of the grain flow. It's more likely an extruded billet our flat forged billet is used so the grain will flow where they want it to.
    Maybe "cast" is the wrong word. Say you are making aluminum... You have this big pot of molten metal... You have to pour it into something... What would you call the process of pouring it into something?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My dealer always has a lot of DDs in stock. Lots of the new pistols as well. They just got an M4A1 that I’m really tempted by. Something about quad rails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    My dealer always has a lot of DDs in stock. Lots of the new pistols as well. They just got an M4A1 that I’m really tempted by. Something about quad rails.
    Just curious, what’s it going for?
    And there’s nothing more proven than DD’s RIS II. I’ll take one of those over the in-vogue ultralight thin freefloat tubes with attachment slots any day.
    Last edited by SouthwestAviator; 02-21-19 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Just curious, what’s it going for?
    And there’s nothing more proven than DD’s RIS II. I’ll take one of those over the in-vogue ultralight thin freefloat tubes with attachment slots any day.
    I want to say it was 1650 but I could be wrong. Seems to cheap as I type that. Maybe it was 1850. They had an MCX and a couple DD pistols with LAW folding braces I was also distracted by.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast