Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which full length rifle?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BCM makes a complete A4?
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Colt would have the best resale value.

Feedback Score
    very very happy with my windham weaponry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Colt would have the best resale value.
    This is always the lamest reason to buy a Colt or any other brand for that matter. If you are in the AR market to buy and sell, then you are not in it for the right reasons. You buy and build what gives you the best value for your money while fulfilling your needs/wants. If you are a fanboy of one brand or another, that is fine. Not everyone is. In the civilian A4 market, there are several good options available. Some are less expensive than others and some are a little bit better in quality, fit, finish, and accuracy. Most of these DO NOT have the Colt logo on them. When it comes to a really good quality A4, three names come into mind. They are BCM, Colt, and Windham Weaponry. Personally, I am not a fan of the big white BCM on the upper receiver. Not a fan of Colt products made in the past few years. That leaves the Windham Weaponry and that is what I, and some others, have recommended. They are a great value and a fantastic product with the accuracy and construction to back them up, not to mention the support you get from Windham Weaponry. They are in tune to the market and the customers. My decisions on buying or building never hinge on resale value. I suggest the same for anyone. Now, if you are a licensed dealer, that is different.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    I have both the Colt & FN A4 and both have performed equally well. The FN did come with cheapo handguards though, whereas the Colt came with actual mil spec A2 handguards. I would also look at the Aero A4. It seems to have pretty good reviews and can be had for pretty cheap. I think Brownells even sells one from Aero with KAC M5 RAS installed for like $1000 which is a pretty good deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    This is always the lamest reason to buy a Colt or any other brand for that matter. If you are in the AR market to buy and sell, then you are not in it for the right reasons. You buy and build what gives you the best value for your money while fulfilling your needs/wants. If you are a fanboy of one brand or another, that is fine. Not everyone is. In the civilian A4 market, there are several good options available. Some are less expensive than others and some are a little bit better in quality, fit, finish, and accuracy. Most of these DO NOT have the Colt logo on them. When it comes to a really good quality A4, three names come into mind. They are BCM, Colt, and Windham Weaponry. Personally, I am not a fan of the big white BCM on the upper receiver. Not a fan of Colt products made in the past few years. That leaves the Windham Weaponry and that is what I, and some others, have recommended. They are a great value and a fantastic product with the accuracy and construction to back them up, not to mention the support you get from Windham Weaponry. They are in tune to the market and the customers. My decisions on buying or building never hinge on resale value. I suggest the same for anyone. Now, if you are a licensed dealer, that is different.
    Not about buying and selling. But minds change, financial situations change, what you like today you may not want tomorrow.

Should you decide to sell or trade for something else later you'd want to get the most you can out of it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Spikes is considered hobby grade around here. Handled alot, shot very little. Its not a bad thing if you're on a budget, I just wouldnt be grabbing it for something that went bump in the night.

Ergo they cant even get their specs right:
    20" Rifle Length Barrel

MIL-B-11595E CMV
    Chrome Lined
    1/7 Twist Rate
    1/2 X 28 Thread Pitch for Muzzle
    5.56 Nato Chamber
    .750 Gas Block Seat
    M4 Feed Ramped Barrel Extension
    Mil-Spec Phosphate Coating
    HBAR/ A2 Profile
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-22-19 at 10:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    BCM makes a complete A4?
    They used to. Although I haven’t seen a complete rifle available for a long time. Uppers occasionally show up in the wild.

Feedback Score
    I've noticed that among several folks (and some manufacturers) a Plain-Jane A4 and a basic A2 are often both referred to as "A2 configuration". Presumably because they look so similar?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FYI, DS Arms now offers their new DSArms AR15 20" Service Series 5.56x45 NATO A4 Rifle - Knight's Armament Upgrades. It comes complete with KAC M5 RAS, rail panels, VFG, and MaTech rear BUIS.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17082-dsarm...-upgrades.aspx
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast