Thread: Looking to buy a 308 AR... PWS, KAC or something else?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    While there are not quite as many options for rails with the Armalite pattern, there are still many... Samson, Odin Works, Midwest Industries, etc.

Also is it appropriate to say something about a system being less compatible with aftermarket accessories, and then suggest a completely proprietary weapon system? No doubt that MWS is a good deal, but comparing that specific AR-10 (really more of a sporting game gun than a duty rifle) to a base MWS is not really apples to apples. What would be a similar configuration is a DEF-10 with a free float handguard, which is more in the $1100 range.

Armalite BCG's also come with a small-aperture firing pin that tolerates high pressures better, and ship with the AR-10/A5 length receiver extension and buffer which works much better than the short system and standard CAR receiver extension other large frame AR's ship with.

I have no skin in this game and don't care what the OP buys, but the options should be represented appropriately.
    I wasn’t dogging Armalite but since you said it, you’re right. There’s no comparison between a combat proven system, (MWS) with multiple military contracts to a game gun that began having feed and ejection issues at 1200 rounds, (in the link posted above that I didn’t read. Lol). My bad. $350 in price difference between the two rifles should sway everyone to take the cheaper option. LMT proprietary parts are available through multiple vendors as well as LMT direct. LMT uses the A5 length extension. The guns are end user serviceable. What better option is available and at what price point?

Quick question, what would you suggest op buy?
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 03-11-19 at 17:35. Reason: Spelling and added content
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.