Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form 1 picture.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Form 1 picture.

Ok maybe a dumb question but the new efile requires you upload a photo. Are you guys just taking a selfie against a white wall?
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    It doesn’t even have to be a white wall. But yes, you can take a selfie on a solid color wall if you choose. You can even use an app like Passport Photo Booth. My last approved paper form looked like this:

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Good to know: thank you. Gonna do my scorpion and I haven’t filed a form 1 since efile was still up

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    It doesn’t even have to be a white wall. But yes, you can take a selfie on a solid color wall if you choose. You can even use an app like Passport Photo Booth. My last approved paper form looked like this:

Wow. That was approved? I have put WAY too much thought & effort into my NFA selfies over the years.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Wow. That was approved? I have put WAY too much thought & effort into my NFA selfies over the years.
    Yep. That’s how the dealer takes all of them...as far as the background goes. The facial redaction was not part of the approved form.

It’s a “passport style” photo, not an actual passport photo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Yep. That’s how the dealer takes all of them...as far as the background goes. The facial redaction was not part of the approved form.

It’s a “passport style” photo, not an actual passport photo.
    I get the redaction isn't there on the approved version. When I read "passport style" I assumed that would mean at least a plain background so I'm surprised to see they don't seem to care about that aspect.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And if you have a digital camera and have a little photo editing know how... just photoshop yourself onto the form !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    And if you have a digital camera and have a little photo editing know how... just photoshop yourself onto the form !
    And if you don’t...print one out on plain paper, cut it out and tape it it the form, then make a fresh copy with pic in place.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For my NFA forms I took a selfie in front of a white wall with good lighting and then in either MS Paint or PhotoShop (I forget which one since it's been about a decade) I fit four of them in a single image. This way, whenever I've got NFA forms, I simply send this image to Walmart Photo and print up a 4x6 or two and each one has four passport-style photos and costs less than a buck. I think it's a quarter or something all-in. My recent forms have been done via the SilencerCo online/kiosk system so I forget the exact cost but that's about the most cost effective way to print up some NFA passport-style photos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    For my NFA forms I took a selfie in front of a white wall with good lighting and then in either MS Paint or PhotoShop (I forget which one since it's been about a decade) I fit four of them in a single image. This way, whenever I've got NFA forms, I simply send this image to Walmart Photo and print up a 4x6 or two and each one has four passport-style photos and costs less than a buck. I think it's a quarter or something all-in. My recent forms have been done via the SilencerCo online/kiosk system so I forget the exact cost but that's about the most cost effective way to print up some NFA passport-style photos.
    A decade later it’s even easier.

Passport Photo Booth app on your smartphone/tablet will give you a silhouette to line up with the pic and will do 1/2/6 pics (IIRC) on a single 4x6. No MSP or PS skills needed. Print it at home (plain paper is fine), or send it to Walmart/Walgreens/etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast