Thread: Vortex uh1 Huey

Feedback Score

Vortex uh1 Huey

So I can get a new one for around $360. So I’m thinking of selling my holosun 503c that’s on my FN FAL and putting one of these on it.

I love the big window for passive NV shooting. And I know lifetime warranty but I’m wondering how durable they are. I love the warranty but I’d rather not use it

Feedback Score
    They are pretty good from what i have seen (dont own one)

Take a look at the following Youtibe reviews from 2 of the better guys out there. Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics does really solid and unbiased reviews. Puts the optics to the test pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rboiEJnrLnI

Garand Thumb also provides reviews with good insight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnYHlccNeTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    So I can get a new one for around $360. So I’m thinking of selling my holosun 503c that’s on my FN FAL and putting one of these on it.

I love the big window for passive NV shooting. And I know lifetime warranty but I’m wondering how durable they are. I love the warranty but I’d rather not use it
    FYI The UH-1 is not NV compatible without an IR Flood to backlight it. Arguably the biggest blow against it for the time being as we chose to omit that feature to instead get better performance as far as thermal drift goes (i.e. - less) Durability reports would undoubtedly sound biased from us, but it's damn tough. Almost certainly the toughest of all our red dot/holographic-type optics. Check out @barstooloperators on Instragram and they've been beating the hell out of one in Texas. Smashed it with a hammer and dropped it out of a helicopter and it just won't die yet.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Another option is a used Leupold LCO in the $400-450 range. I believe the lower settings are NV compatible.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-20-19 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    I have one on my dd ar pistol and love it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    FYI The UH-1 is not NV compatible without an IR Flood to backlight it. Arguably the biggest blow against it for the time being as we chose to omit that feature to instead get better performance as far as thermal drift goes (i.e. - less) Durability reports would undoubtedly sound biased from us, but it's damn tough. Almost certainly the toughest of all our red dot/holographic-type optics. Check out @barstooloperators on Instragram and they've been beating the hell out of one in Texas. Smashed it with a hammer and dropped it out of a helicopter and it just won't die yet.
    Are there any plans to bring an updated/separate model that is NV compatible?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riight112 View Post
    Are there any plans to bring an updated/separate model that is NV compatible?
    Certainly could be a possibility. No word on anything for sure yet, but we're always listening.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd081285 View Post
    I have one on my dd ar pistol and love it
    What do you like the best and how does it compare the the Eotech? Aesthetically the Huey looks kind of ugly and boxy compared, but I am certainly interested if performance is good. Love the rechargeable feature as well as their great support.

Feedback Score
    If you want one now is the time

$349.99 on Amazon

Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight - 1 MOA Dot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCULTJL..._6PPJDbF4DQ455

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    If you want one now is the time

$349.99 on Amazon

Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight - 1 MOA Dot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCULTJL..._6PPJDbF4DQ455

Still have not decided from the Vortex or the Eotech. Love some of each, but the Vortex looks like a tractor trailer.