Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Forward Sling Attachment Point do you use:

Feedback Score
    I use #3.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry guys, I screwed this up and didn't make it a poll.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    10:30 intermediate. I use a Magpul RSA on my MK18 and a QD socket on the 10:30 KMR slot. I like the sling far enough forward for some added stability but far enough rearward to be out of the way of my support hand. My preferred rear attachment is a QD endplate, so having the forward attachment as far rearward as possible gives barely more stability than a single point sling IMO.

Feedback Score
    Option 1 for me. I sling as much of the weapon as possible. All the way forward on a QD and all the way to the rear.

When I need to sling the carbine on my back this setup actually slings the carbine unlike other attachment methods. Still works fine for transitions to a pistol, changing shoulders etc. I just put the sling around my neck. If I want some sling support I can slip my support arm and shoulder into the sling.

I’m also running a Sling Ding that I picked up in a Pat Mac class, and it works best as far forward as possible. So the ability to easily brace up against door jams, corners, car doors, barricades, or other solid objects by running the sling all the way forward is another plus.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I run slings on my 11.5 and 16 guns as Coal Dragger described, minus the Sling Ding. I’m intrigued by the Ding though. I also like the Arisaka MLOK QD as it seems to have the lowest profile. I find when being in the winderness to hunt, etc. I like to be able to snuggly Sling the rifle to my chest or back. Haven’t noticed an issue when making mag changes, etc.

Feedback Score
    My rigs are all pretty basic, on my carbines I just use the one under the FSB. On my A2 I have an Eagle patrol sling that has an attachment for the upper part of the FSB.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Right handed- 9oclock far right at rail/reciever interface (urxiii).

I see a lot of guys running as far up front as possible but i cant make it work as well.
    Gun needs more tension to keep tight.

One end of sling on back if stock other back of rail and i can jog with it up front, swing it to the back, switch shoulders, and a quick pull tightens it up to allow a sprint when its up front.

Maybe Im using it wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I run slings on my 11.5 and 16 guns as Coal Dragger described, minus the Sling Ding. I’m intrigued by the Ding though. I also like the Arisaka MLOK QD as it seems to have the lowest profile. I find when being in the winderness to hunt, etc. I like to be able to snuggly Sling the rifle to my chest or back. Haven’t noticed an issue when making mag changes, etc.
    For $30 or so the Sling Ding is worth a try, I bought mine in class and got some instruction on it.... like 5 minutes from Pat Mac. It’s pretty easy to use, and if an object is solid enough to take your forward leaning weight it can pretty well be braced off of.

Interestingly on a 15” rail it puts the adjustment loop of a Vickers sling in the perfect position for me to loop up like a 1903 sling for prone.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 02-20-19 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    1) 9 as far forward as possible on the rail with a QD.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Lefty here - 3 o'clock as far back on the rail as possible, and QD sling plate for the rear attachment. Rear of the rail otherwise it interferes with my support hand grip and scout light operation at the front of the rail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12