Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belts and holsters

Feedback Score
    I picked them up while doing research for articles, and I've been very happy with my leather belts from Relentless Tactical. Very sturty belt, and cheaper than the Magpul option.

I grabbed one each in black and brown.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the Daltech Super Bio gun belt:
    https://www.amazon.com/Daltech-Force.../dp/B075NSC4C1

It is a solid synthetic so it is stiffer than leather but not as stiff as those with a plastic insert. And it has holes every 3/4” instead of the standard 1” so it adjusts much better for gun thickness. Perfect for my IWB needs.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Ok, the topic of belt and holster has recently come up for me and I need some help. First, I am not an “operator”. I don’t dress like I am ex military nor do I have a beard trying to portray myself as something I am not.

I’m a regular guy... I wear jeans and t-shirts with cross trainers almost everyday. I also wear a casual style belt.

The holster I use regularly is a stealthgear iwb ventcore. Seems to work fine for me!

I am looking for some direction on belts and possibly a new holster. Anyone have recommendations or thoughts on this based on my dress attire?

Thx
    I’m a retired GI but we dress pretty much alike. I wear cargo shorts a lot 9 months out of the year, and khakis to work. I work on a military base, so I’m only carrying in the evenings and on weekends.

I have 4 Kore belts, and they are all I wear since 2017. Leather for dress, nylon for jeans and shorts. I have zero complaints...love them. Get on their mailing list and wait for a discount...

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

JMHO...YMMV.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I am a fan of Bigfoot Gunbelts. I switched from a nylon instructors belt. Got tired of having to constantly tighten it up when the Velcro slipped.

http://gunbelts.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're carrying IWB with an untucked shirt it shouldn't matter what the belt looks like, right?

The gold standard is the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt. It's what the 511 and such are copies of. They're 100% made in the USA and super high quality. I bought one back in 2011 and wore it nearly every day until I decided to get a fresh one a few weeks ago. It was kind of arbitrary since the old one is still in nearly as good condition as the brand new one.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I use the Wilderness instructor belt for IWB carry. I would like to have one wiithout the V loop part on the buckle. Not much chance I will need to use a carabiner during my daily activities. I found a ridgid belt is needed more for OWB than IWB.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

As one whose work clothes are coat and tie, the best DRESS belt I've found, is the Comp-Tac kydex reinforced belt. At 1 1/2" wide, it just squeezes through most dress slacks belt loops, and the kydex reinforcement is appreciated, when you're carrying a 1911 OWB (I use a Crossbreed hybrid holster).

Concealment is always important, but if you're always in a jacket, you can tailor this setup a little more towards comfort.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been wearing a couple belts now for roughly a decade. The Beltman makes excellent leather belts. They are very rigid, but conform to your body contour over time.

For low-profile synthetic belts, the First Spear Line One belt is hard to beat, and I haven't heard a single person say anything about what my belt looks like on four continents when I have worn either of these, and they are reasonably rigid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12