Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade anti gun?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Benchmade anti gun?

Recently there has been an Instagram post in which Benchmade in a effort to assist a leo agency in Oregon but cutting up guns slated for destruction. And of course many people are up in arms that the company is anti gun.

Now knowing what kind of guns go in for destruction it doesn’t bother me like some, but what do you guys think, or have you even heard about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If firearms used in crimes are ordered destroyed by the courts, someone has to do it. Unless Benchmade donates money to politicians who are the enemy of the Second Amendment or makes anti-firearm political statements, I will continue to purchase their products.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They have been funding anti-gun politicians for several years now so not just the 1 thing.

https://gununiversity.com/is-benchma...pany-anti-gun/

They just got exposed thanks to their PD friends.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-21-19 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    If firearms used in crimes are ordered destroyed by the courts, someone has to do it. Unless Benchmade donates money to politicians who are the enemy of the Second Amendment or makes anti-firearm political statements, I will continue to purchase their products.
    As jsbhike said, they have been giving money to democrats for some time. It took this eff up for people to start looking.

You can see their political spending habits here:
    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...047693&cycle=A

They F'ed themselves in the A a bit here. They were getting pounded on FB and disabled comments on their page. In time this will blow over. I bet most people already forgot that Team Wendy hosted a campaign stop for HRC and are back to buying their stuff.

Personally I hope Benchmade folds and I can get a knife or two on deep discount during their going out of business sale.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post

They have been giving almost exclusively to dems for a while. Also, not all of these guns were used in a crime, many were owner turn ins(not sure if that means buy back or just surrender). According to Oregon law they didn't have to destroy them. No matter what. It is terrible optics for them and they should have known that. Allowing a department to use your facility to destroy guns, take pictures, and then post it on Facebook is the height of stupidity.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    The political donations just lost them my business, but I'm going to make them continue to honor their "Life Sharp" guarantee on my existing knives.

Lots of other knife sellers that don't support the enemies of freedom.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I almost totally despise social media but it has been useful in allowing our burgeoning population of numb skulls to endlessly skyline themselves.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would imagine their social media guy is pulling his hair out right now. Their FB page is a mess. They have shut down reviews and every post they have has thousands of people deriding their decision.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

They F'ed themselves in the A a bit here. They were getting pounded on FB and disabled comments on their page. In time this will blow over. I bet most people already forgot that Team Wendy hosted a campaign stop for HRC and are back to buying their stuff.

No different than that mag company making drums for G3s and FALs.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have three BM knives and will continue to use and own them.

My next knife purchase will be an Al Mar, just because their chairman Gary Fadden is an awesome guy.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast