Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how enjoyable is the G29 to shoot? (10mm)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Drag View Post
    Very true, it's no good if you leave it home. Hope this helps.

I'm 6'1", about 235 with a 38/40 inch waist. I carry at about 3:30 and it hides quite well. In fact I can conceal it better than a 1911 due to the length of the grip on the 1911.
    i'm a bit smaller than you. 5'9, 170. i can conceal a g19 in a paddle holster with most of my shirts though.

how's this gun compare to the point and shoot nature of the glock 19? I freakin love that gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    i'm a bit smaller than you. 5'9, 170. i can conceal a g19 in a paddle holster with most of my shirts though.

how's this gun compare to the point and shoot nature of the glock 19? I freakin love that gun.
    Very similar to the G19, but thicker. I use the little Pierce finger extender for the floor plates of my 10 rd mags. I also got some of those sleeves so I can run G20 mags if I like. You can carry 26 rds of 10mm on you person that way.

And Double Tap makes some good stuff. McNett is a good guy too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very similar to the G19, but thicker. I use the little Pierce finger extender for the floor plates of my 10 rd mags. I also got some of those sleeves so I can run G20 mags if I like. You can carry 26 rds of 10mm on you person that way.

And Double Tap makes some good stuff. McNett is a good guy too.
    i live right down the street from jensen arms... they have a pile of 10mm double tap in stock...

what's a good bet for practice ammo? i'll probably get some dies and start reloading for 10mm as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I shoot HSM or BVAC for practice ammo. The BVAC 165gr were $17 per box of 50 at the last fun show. I cannot and will not stomach CCI steel cased for $22/23 a box.

DT has 180gr Match Practice ammo but its almost the same price as the rest of their lineup.

Feedback Score
    i live right down the street from jensen arms... they have a pile of 10mm double tap in stock...

what's a good bet for practice ammo? i'll probably get some dies and start reloading for 10mm as well.
    I used to shoot IPSC with a Glock 20, the only inexpensive way to shoot a 10mm is to reload.

Just get a load you like, chrono it and build a reload to match the velocity. Then go nuts.

BTW, you're luck you live so close to Jensen's. I'm in Brighton and it's a bit of a drive to get there but worth it. I need to make an ammo run up there if the gun show next weekend doesn't have much.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used to shoot IPSC with a Glock 20, the only inexpensive way to shoot a 10mm is to reload.

Just get a load you like, chrono it and build a reload to match the velocity. Then go nuts.

BTW, you're luck you live so close to Jensen's. I'm in Brighton and it's a bit of a drive to get there but worth it. I need to make an ammo run up there if the gun show next weekend doesn't have much.
    it's great man. i could walk there if i wanted to.

the place has been NUTS for the last month or so.

where do you shoot around here? i shoot the 9mm at the front range gun club, but i'd like someplace a bit longer to shoot rifles....

Feedback Score
    it's great man. i could walk there if i wanted to.

the place has been NUTS for the last month or so.

where do you shoot around here? i shoot the 9mm at the front range gun club, but i'd like someplace a bit longer to shoot rifles....
    I shoot at Aurora Gun Club, they only have a 200 yard rifle range. And they have LOTS of fudds there.

I'm going to look into one of the clubs out east of here. There's 2 or 3 out there, Lead Valley Ranch and others. They have longer rifle ranges.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    while we're talking glock 10mm's....

anybody have a nice GenIII 29 they want to sell me? FTF in CO would be nice.... just putting a feeler out.

ToddG Guest
    WTB posts should go in the Member Sales Forum section. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12