Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Girl Does Good And Is Lucky

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    He was illegal. Not legal at all. Reference the posted link. He was deported 3 times prior, had a rap sheet but was "sanctuaried" locally as local police ignored an ICE detainer.
    The PD involved in the shooting ignored an ICE detainer on the illegal because that is a sanctuary city.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-who-s...ainer-feds-say
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What a bunch of scumbags.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    In the immortal words of Everett Hitch; "That was fast".

One less astrophysicist/neurosurgeon/dreamer on this mortal coil.

During that most righteous of mag dumps I could swear I heard at the 0:45 mark the perp scream; "Ah yai!". No, I'm not fooling about.
    That's what I was referring to in Post #5.

Most righteous of mag dumps indeed!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I just watched the video.

She demo'ed one of the reasons I would stop force on force scenarios, talk to the student officer and reset - she forgot 'what's important now?' Is it putting rounds into the threat or talking on the radio?

We spent a lot of time on ranges drill driving it home that the first priority is handle the immediate threat, not talk on the radio.

Can they set their mics to VOX activation? I was wondering about that. If somebody pulled a gun on me and started shooting like I think the last thing I would thinking about is keying a mic.... I wondered if when she went around the car she might have set it to VOX 'just in case'. So the "shots fired" was sort a verbal mental confirmation AND a call in.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    The PD involved in the shooting ignored an ICE detainer on the illegal because that is a sanctuary city.
    I would say Trump needs to jump on this but if he does they will try to put the Officer in prison. Which I'm sure someone is already trying to do anyway.

Feedback Score
    It's videos like that which make me nervous about possibly having to start carrying a wheel gun as primary, especially of it's my j-frame loaded with wad cutters. Even a New York reload would seem to be too slow.

Do we know how many of her rounds connected?

Good for her to have prevailed unhurt. She seemed cool, calm and collected.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Did you jump when he cleared his jacket with the pistol? I did after seeing it but before he fired.
    Yep. She was lucky. He was either drunk or high. If he knew what he was doing that would have gone the other way.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Can they set their mics to VOX activation? I was wondering about that. If somebody pulled a gun on me and started shooting like I think the last thing I would thinking about is keying a mic.... I wondered if when she went around the car she might have set it to VOX 'just in case'. So the "shots fired" was sort a verbal mental confirmation AND a call in.
    I'm not sure it slowed her down either way. If she backed out of the line of fire, called in shots fired while drawing her weapon and moving over uneven ground without losing her footing to a superior tactical position before overwhelming the perp with sustained fire, then I'd say her multitasking skills are on point. Her OODA Loop clearly overwhelmed his. In USMC terms, she closed with and destroyed the enemy by fire and maneuver, all while maintaining tactical comms with other elements.

I'm just not sure how much MMQB'ing we can do here?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Target destroyed. End of mission. Out!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    No I'm not saying she did wrong or could have done any better. It was more of... holy cow, how did she do all that so smoothly and did she have options she could have used like setting a mic to VOX after suspecting something might go south ( before she went to driver side ). No I'm certainly not grading her other than maybe A+. She got the desired result.

You know the reports say she was not physically harmed. I'm not so sure he didn't land one in her vest. Maybe not... but that flash looked to be a very near miss or hit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast