Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building an 11.5" AR Pistol, need suggestions for lower receiver setup

Feedback Score
    Also everything I'm doing is completely legal. I'm not skirting the law lol. Federal law prohibits federal firearms dealers (FFLs) from transferring pistols to anyone under 21. It does not prohibit private sales, however in 2014 we passed i-594 which prohibits private purchases essentially.
    Federal law does not prohibit POSSESSION or MANUFACTURE. When you finish an 80% lower you are essentially manufacturing a firearm yourself. People under 21 can own pistols. Just needs to be on their own private property. I have a G19 I finished off an 80, I shoot it at the local range that I have a membership with. They're fine with it, I've even specifically asked them about it.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What makes you think Woohah is skirting the law? What is the law in his jurisdiction concerning his possession of a pistol? What is the law in his jurisdiction concerning the making of a receiver for a pistol? What is the federal law concerning the making of a receiver for a pistol by a person under the age of 21? Is there any law prohibiting a person under the age of 21 from making or possessing a pistol? If so, what it's that law?

Woohah, how old are you? What is your situation? Are you at least 18? Do you live with your parents? If you live with your parents, how do they feel about this project? Is it legal in your justification for you to possess a handgun?
    Yeah everything I'm doing is legal here in my state. I already own a Glock 19 I built off an 80%. I'm 20, and this isn't my first or even 4th firearm.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    5D Tactical makes one of the best Jigs out there IMO

Larue MBT trigger at $87 is the best deal going by far for a trigger

Can i ask why the Adams Arms upper? Just curious and there are many other quality options with better vetted companies like BCM, Sionics, Colt, Etc..

You will probably want to run at least an H2 but that is going to depend on how the barrel is gassed. I would just stick with a regular recoil spring from colt, bcm, etc and make sure the gas system/buffer combo is good
    I'm buying an Adams arms upper because I can get a discount on their stuff. Their 11.5" P2 upper comes out to $650 for me. They make quality firearms, they're just piston systems so they're a bit different.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Do yourself a favor. Unless you know what the laws are, and specifically what he is doing that is wrong or unlawful, leave it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Prince View Post
    His location states Washington. I am assuming Washington State. The just raised the age to purchase a semi automatic rifle in Washington State from 18 to 21. The op said he normally purchases complete rifles but "I'm not 21 yet, so I'm going to need to finish it off an 80%." Sounds like he can't legally buy a finished lower.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Unless you know what the laws are, and specifically what he is doing that is wrong or unlawful, leave it at home.
    Fair enough.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would suggest 5d tactical. When I considered it that's who I had planned to purchase from. You can use a router on the jig they make if don't have access to a press.

Feedback Score
    So I think i'll be going with a spikes tactical LPK, spikes tactical carbine buffer and ST-T2 buffer, Larue MBT trigger and then try and find a Brownells 80%.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    So I think i'll be going with a spikes tactical LPK, spikes tactical carbine buffer and ST-T2 buffer, Larue MBT trigger and then try and find a Brownells 80%.
    An A5 RE and A5H2 buffer would be a much better choice
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Stripped lowers are pretty cheap around here, Primary Arms is a local company so I've snagged lowers from Aero for like $39-49 at times, I've built a couple of pistol builds one using a 10.5 PSA kit for a quasi Mk18 thing for work, and another using an old Colt 629 upper with the 11.5 1/12 twist barrel.

Unless you just want to do an 80% for the hell of it, it's just a lot less headache to get a lower and build it out.

I do like the 11.5 better over all, less flash and a little more muzzle velocity.
    Veteran US Army Combat Medic/US Navy FMF Corpsman

"Well placed gun fire is the best preventive medicine."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    80% lowers from Right to Bear have been solid so far for me. I've done 2 about to do another.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12