Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Cassette" Drop In type triggers...educate me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ran a couple JP's original kits for years, then stumbled across a Timney Competition cassette for an attractive price, so bought it. I was expecting it to have no creep, a crisp release, and no over travel, and that's what I got. It took a bit of break-in, but it's now as good as any of my Timney bolt gun triggers. The Timney uses set screws to retain the pins, but I added anti-rotation pins for extra insurance.

No AR trigger (that I'm aware of) is fully immune to a primer getting into a bad spot and causing a stoppage.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-23-19 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I have had a blown primer wind up under a Geissele SSA-E and completely lock it up. It only happen once to me in my shooting career but it did happen. Now I'm running a couple of Velocity 3 lb triggers. So far so good. I didn't switch because of the lock up, I just wanted a crisp single stage at a reasonable price.
    I literally 30 minutes ago put in a 3lb Velocity on the lower for my 20" gun Im putting together. HO-LEE-COW it is unreal. UN-REAL. Went and got my LMT thats had a 41b on it for many many years now, and checked the screws, that werent Lok-Tited..and they are as snug as the day I put it in.
    Thanks for the report on your Geissele getting locked..some here dont believe it possible..I WILL say it is less likely..still possible.
    Im not up on all the G triggers..only been around two...but for quality, trigger performance, ease of install, & just as importantly PRICE..Ill put my two Velocitys up against any other.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have also found that cassette type triggers use danty lightly built parts
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Been running the 3# Velocity triggers in several AR's.
    The guy that started the biz developed the AR trigger for Timney years ago.
    If you look at them side by side- the Velocity is an "improved" Timney.

Zero problems to date with several thousand rds. through them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have had a blown primer wind up under a Geissele SSA-E and completely lock it up. It only happen once to me in my shooting career but it did happen. Now I'm running a couple of Velocity 3 lb triggers. So far so good. I didn't switch because of the lock up, I just wanted a crisp single stage at a reasonable price.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I have also found that cassette type triggers use danty lightly built parts
    Which ones? Not any Ive used.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Which ones? Not any Ive used.
    I was looking at one of my Velocities while I was cleaning my rifle about 2 hrs ago. My son and I were trying to figure out where primer parts could enter. There's very little space under the cassette or in between the sear/disconnector and the hammer/spring...there's just not room for stuff to get in. Also the parts are pretty robust. The disconnector is the same width as the sear and hammer, which is about a 1/4". I cant' speak for other cassette types though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We can post photos of what we have.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was looking at one of my Velocities while I was cleaning my rifle about 2 hrs ago. My son and I were trying to figure out where primer parts could enter. There's very little space under the cassette or in between the sear/disconnector and the hammer/spring...there's just not room for stuff to get in. Also the parts are pretty robust. The disconnector is the same width as the sear and hammer, which is about a 1/4". I cant' speak for other cassette types though.
    I dont see any more of a problem myself, there are so dang many drop-ins Im sure that might apply to a few, but as for the Velocity's...I aint seeing it either.
    Cant quit playing with mine..dry firing all night!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I dont see any more of a problem myself, there are so dang many drop-ins Im sure that might apply to a few, but as for the Velocity's...I aint seeing it either.
    Cant quit playing with mine..dry firing all night!
    I do like mine, light crisp and a short reset. Did you get the curved or straight trigger?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do like mine, light crisp and a short reset. Did you get the curved or straight trigger?
    Got the straight for my 3lb & curved on the 4lb. I dunno if I imagine it or not..but that straight trigger feels SOOO much better imo.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 02-23-19 at 19:43.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast