Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God Emperor Trump - The left can't meme!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

God Emperor Trump - The left can't meme!

Apparently this was supposed to be a mockery of Trump, but it turned out to be an EPIC meme in his favor! Time to meme this far and wide.

Feb 9, 2019 - A giant, godlike President Trump float made its debut on the first day of one of Italy’s most famous carnival events this weekend.

The Carnevale Di Viargeggio festival in Viareggio, Italy, is attended by about 600,000 people and is famed for its papier-mâché sculptures. The largest of which can be as heavy as 40 tons and often carry a political message. However, to American audience members, one gigantic float stood out: a huge, moving sculpture of President Donald Trump, decked out with wings and golden armor.

The parade’s official website said that the float is called “Master-Drone.” In its right hand, the Trump statue carries a sword with a ring of blue Twitter birdies on its hilt. The phrase dazi vostri – which translates to “your taxes” – is inscribed on the blade. Many Italians wrote on Twitter that the expression is actually a play on words with the expression cazzi vostri, which means “none of your f—king business.”

Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-22-19 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you dont get the meme hes a good explanation.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-22-19 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Even the song they're playing in the background is epic. The meaning of the song is positive one if you realize who its about.

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Charles XII, Latinized to Carolus Rex (17 June 1682 – 30 November 1718), was the King of Sweden from 1697 to 1718. He belonged to the House of Palatinate-Zweibrücken, a branch line of the House of Wittelsbach. Charles was the only surviving son of Charles XI and Ulrika Eleonora the Elder. He assumed power, after a seven-month caretaker government, at the age of fifteen.[2]

In 1700, a triple alliance of Denmark–Norway, Saxony–Poland–Lithuania and Russia launched a threefold attack on the Swedish protectorate of Holstein-Gottorp and provinces of Livonia and Ingria, aiming to draw advantage as the Swedish Empire was unaligned and ruled by a young and inexperienced king, thus initiating the Great Northern War. Leading the Swedish army against the alliance Charles won multiple victories despite being usually significantly outnumbered. A major victory over a Russian army some three times the size in 1700 at the Battle of Narva compelled Peter the Great to sue for peace which Charles then rejected. By 1706 Charles, now 24 years old, had forced all of his foes into submission including, in that year, a decisively devastating victory by Swedish forces under general Carl Gustav Rehnskiöld over a combined army of Saxony and Russia at the Battle of Fraustadt. Russia was now the sole remaining hostile power.

Charles was an exceptionally skilled military leader and tactician as well as an able politician, credited with introducing important tax and legal reforms. As for his famous reluctance towards peace efforts, he is quoted by Voltaire as saying upon the outbreak of the war; "I have resolved never to start an unjust war but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies". With the war consuming more than half his life and nearly all his reign, he never married and fathered no children. He was succeeded by his sister Ulrika Eleonora, who in turn was coerced to hand over all substantial powers to the Riksdag of the Estates and opted to surrender the throne to her husband, who became King Frederick I of Sweden.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-22-19 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So uh...this was supposed to be mockery of Trump?

I mean, I have fairly mixed feelings on him myself, but shit like this almost makes me forget the things I don't like.

The fact that Western Europe has reached the point where portraying someone as possessing incredible strength and power is considered insulting says a lot about Western Europe.

Feedback Score
    so they made him into a video game god that saved the world with his marines in front of him ? OK

but the fact this is what they made is kinda funny and shows they are just a bunch of gamers that somehow think OH gaming stuff would be fun to make a float out of ?

and I am a gamer but its a game its no dif then a movie for me

hahahahahahah the lefty children epic fail for sure

can hear the float committee MOM CAN YOU BRING DOWN MORE PIZZA ROLLS

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    As a Warhammer 40K fan I am disturbed by this Heresy.

The great Emperor of Mankind should never be defiled like this.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Knowing nothing about video games, I saw this on the news a while back. When I saw it I thought this is in Italy, I have no idea who the Italian president is. How much did they spend to make that thing. That and someone is pretty talented to create the whole thing. If I was Trump I would buy the thing and run it in the Macy's parade. That would be priceless. David

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    As a Warhammer 40K fan I am disturbed by this Heresy.

The great Emperor of Mankind should never be defiled like this.
    Seriously, someone notify the Inquisition of this blasphemy.
    And they've defiled Sabaton too! The nerve!

Also, that Lucas guy's explanation of the 40K universe is...lacking. It's not *just* a video game, the space marines did WAY more than just conquer mars, oh my god, I can't even today... [*bass drop heresy freakout intensifies*]

As a side note, I really REALLY hate it when people hijack fandoms and fictional universes to THIS degree to make a political point, which usually ends up falling flat because the hijackers have no understanding of the lore behind the object they want to use [*cougheverydisneystarwarssofarcough*].
    Like, it's one thing to have a meme or quotes or whatever based on a fictional universe to make a point with- you see this all the time with Star Wars, the whole rebels and empire thing, and of course now the "resistance" , which is all fun times for assailing one another on the internet with politics.
    But can you imagine one side or the other turning out an entire political protest/parade based around that universe? Yeah, it would be weird...
    Then again, this also from someone who doesn't get the whole "god empreh Trump" meme thing to start with...so what do I know.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

And Charles XII of Sweden was a shithead. An absolute monarch who had anyone who questioned his divine mandate to rule Sweden put to death, along with anyone who refused to pray to him (as an intermediary with God), instead of directly to God. In life, he contributed to Sweden's international marginalization - fighting one war that he was unable to win and driven to take shelter with the Ottomon-Turks and then a second war that saw him killed while invading Norway - probably by his own men. And in dying without an heir, he left Sweden in a position where they were forced to make peace with the enemies that Charles XII had fought in both wars.

As a result of the mess that Charles XII left Sweden in, however, the Riksdag of Estates was able to reforge Sweden into a constitutional monarchy, and birth Sweden's, "Age of Liberty."

Charles XII is mostly beloved of some in Sweden for having been their last hurrah before Sweden's traditional enemies became too powerful to confront conventionally.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FJ with the solid points(I also low-key resent your name change. “Mountain Raven” sounds like some bolt action boutique pistol from the 80s)

Also, I am over the whole “God Emperor” spiel.
    We are in Season 3 of this anime and you can only blame congress so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast