Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God Emperor Trump - The left can't meme!

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Seriously, someone notify the Inquisition of this blasphemy.
    And they've defiled Sabaton too! The nerve!

Also, that Lucas guy's explanation of the 40K universe is...lacking. It's not *just* a video game, the space marines did WAY more than just conquer mars, oh my god, I can't even today... [*bass drop heresy freakout intensifies*]
    Most people lack understanding of the 40K universe. Remember that in that world you have Fascist Xenophobic pyromaniacs as the GOOD guys. And it just goes down hill from there.

As a side note, I really REALLY hate it when people hijack fandoms and fictional universes to THIS degree to make a political point, which usually ends up falling flat because the hijackers have no understanding of the lore behind the object they want to use [*cougheverydisneystarwarssofarcough*].
    Like, it's one thing to have a meme or quotes or whatever based on a fictional universe to make a point with- you see this all the time with Star Wars, the whole rebels and empire thing, and of course now the "resistance" , which is all fun times for assailing one another on the internet with politics.
    But can you imagine one side or the other turning out an entire political protest/parade based around that universe? Yeah, it would be weird...
    Then again, this also from someone who doesn't get the whole "god empreh Trump" meme thing to start with...so what do I know.
    I could not agree more. You can have a political or social message in a series, movie, book, whatever. That isn't a bad thing if it fits and is done right. But the gymnastics they are doing to shoehorn political messages into various fandom is just really sucking the joy right out of them. Your Star Wars example is a perfect one for that. It isn't even matter of agreeing or disagreeing with any particular message. It is the twisting of a universe to convey that message that bothers me.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Hmm. Double post somehow.. Sorry.

As a side note. 40K is my fantasy escape from the real world. So I am protective of it.
    Last edited by kwelz; 02-24-19 at 15:40.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    FJ with the solid points(I also low-key resent your name change. “Mountain Raven” sounds like some bolt action boutique pistol from the 80s)

Also, I am over the whole “God Emperor” spiel.
    We are in Season 3 of this anime and you can only blame congress so much.
    Fjallhrafn is Icelandic/Old Norse for, "Mountain raven." I just decided to simplify things by just using English. Instead of a language that many English speakers think uses too many consonants.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Fjallhrafn is Icelandic/Old Norse for, "Mountain raven." I just decided to simplify things by just using English. Instead of a language that many English speakers think uses too many consonants.
    Hva snakker du om Lars

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Hva snakker du om Lars
    Hva snakker jeg om, Ole?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12