Thread: WTK: 300 BO Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WTK: 300 BO Build

I am planning on doing a 300 BO build this summer. I want a barrel that is at least 10.5". I haven't decided on SS or not. I do prefer heavy short barrels. I will be mounting this new build on a Colt Commando, Model 6933 and occasionally on a Colt M16. I will also be mounting an OSS 762 Ti Suppressor on it.

Looking at some barrels options I see two twist rates, 1/7 & 1/8. I also see some barrels with 5R Rifling.

Any suggestions on the twist rate and Barrel Manufacturer?

Feedback Score
    Well if you are going to shoot really heavy subs, or barnes bullets , I would go with the 1:7.

Both of mine are 1:7, and shoots heavy subs and supers just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1:7 gives you good results with heavier bullets. 1:8 is fine if you’re going to stick with lighter supersonic ammo, but why limit yourself?

I have built quite a few and always use 1:7.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank You for the input!

Feedback Score
    You aremost welcome. Just be sure tp post up some pictures on the project one done.

Oh, as a point of interest, I think the SIG Rattler is a 1:5 twist.

Feedback Score
    I do not have a lot of experience in .300 Blackout. I have only one, my HD SBR. That said, I chose the 11.3" Wilson Combat barrel, and have not been disappointed. It's shoots very well, and very accurately.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I do not have a lot of experience in .300 Blackout. I have only one, my HD SBR. That said, I chose the 11.3" Wilson Combat barrel, and have not been disappointed. It's shoots very well, and very accurately.
    Thank You for your input.

My favorite M16/AR15 barrel length is 11.5". I was hoping to find a 300 BO in 11.5" but I have only found 10.5". I will checkout Wilson's Barrels.