G&R Tactical
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm falling apart

Feedback Score
    57 (100%)
    My sessions are about 50 minutes.
    I’ve noticed same muscle loss but since I have forearms like a telephone pole, only I notice it.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    This thread has made me feel a little better. 58 now & since age 40 has been a downhill slide, & I had always thought I'd be 60 or so before really feeling any age related issues. But I had an 80+ guy tell me a year ago just before he moved back to Florida, that it doesn't matter how much you lift, or how far you walk/run, just that you do something each day. I try to think about that more often now too.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I am 50. I tell people it is an averaged age; I act 10, but feel 90. My body's warranty expired at 40...I got cancer, had multiple orthopedic probs (all stemming from military and sports), had surgeries.... I am chronically sore and stiff, and I cannot move near where I used to.

Feedback Score
    If any of you guys are still having tendinitis issues watch the video below. It’s for tennis elbow but he has another for golfers elbow if that’s your ailment. If you google “eccentrics and tendinitis” you’ll find out that’s really the only thing that will heal tendinitis issues. At one point I had tennis elbow, golfers elbow, and tricep tendinitis in my elbow in both arms and healed it all with eccentrics. Now I just do some of the flexbar exercises in the video as routine maintenance and it keeps everything at bay.

People make the mistake of thinking that rest is what is needed with tendon issues when really they need to be active but not to the point of pain. Keep working out and if it’s an area that you have tendinitis in just make the weight light enough so it doesn’t hurt and focus on slower negatives and higher reps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=we4UoiKG3Co

Here is one of the best and most thorough articles on tendinitis, highly, highly recommend reading it if you’re suffering from tendon issues. Just because we are getting older doesn’t mean we have to stop training, we just have to be smarter with it.

http://stevenlow.org/overcoming-tendonitis/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damn, I'm definitely checking that info out!

I've been battling wicked tennis elbow tendonitis in my right arm for several months now...Most days I can't close my fist without pain. Doc said nothing to do but rest and that it'll "probably get better in a year or two". F that noise...I got shit to do, man!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Damn, I'm definitely checking that info out!

I've been battling wicked tennis elbow tendonitis in my right arm for several months now...Most days I can't close my fist without pain. Doc said nothing to do but rest and that it'll "probably get better in a year or two". F that noise...I got shit to do, man!
    Get the flexbar in that video and do like 3 sets of 15-21 every day and within a month you’ll be shocked at how much better you feel. Unfortunately not all doctors or even physical therapists keep up with the latest research on stuff like this so it’s too easy to find one that gives outdated advice that doesn’t work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Red flexbar and roller-stick-dingus are on order!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456