G&R Tactical
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm falling apart

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Stop eating inflammatory cooking oils high in omega-6 such as seed oils, corn oil, canola oil, etc, and whatnot.

Eat more meat and fish, especially fatty cuts, and including connective tissue.
    I cook with Olive Oil. Could up my fish intake though, I prefer sushi over cooked fish. Right now I eat a lot of chicken and beef (love the gristle of both), some pork.

On the chicken I'm usually eating a lot of white meat cuts, breasts/tenders. But I prefer the taste of dark meats, especially drumsticks. I been meaning to look at the nutritional difference between the two but anyone know if it is significant enough to worry about eating too much or too little of one type? I know that's probably getting way too much into the weeds and an answer may be, "both in moderation". I'm thinking about when I buy my meat and food prep in bulk, usually I get a big pack of whatever and cook it all.

And I had a look at a couple articles on different websites, building muscle at 20 vs 40 subject. Looks like I have to adjust my weekly program frequency and give it a chance. No different that what yall already said, I know. It feels like that is going to be hard to do, to dial it back so I need to put in a solid effort.

Anyway, BB.com had an example I may implement: https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ers-guide.html
    Keep it simple and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    The fattier cuts contain more beneficial fats and connective tissue. Breast is very high in protein but doesn't have much else.

Beef is good! Chuck and brisket are good cuts if you can be bothered cooking them for the requisite time.

It may also be worth your time to try out a very low carbohydrate diet.
    Last edited by joffe; 03-16-19 at 06:06.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The fattier cuts contain more beneficial fats and connective tissue. Breast is very high in protein but doesn't have much else.

Beef is good! Chuck and brisket are good cuts if you can be bothered cooking them for the requisite time.

It may also be worth your time to try out a very low carbohydrate diet.
    Good to know on the chicken. I'm going to incorporate more drumsticks then.
    I do adore chuck steaks in med rare. Usually the cut I stock up on. I dislike sirloin, they're too lean. I also get skirt or flank(it's TX, I make fajitas). My body prefers proteins. I prefer proteins. When I was younger I got anemic several times growing up. Usually often I crave meat like crazy.

When I'm clean, like my carb intake % to be lower than my protein, and fats 25-30%. I found I cannot go too low on carbs or I don't have enough energy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    When I'm clean, like my carb intake % to be lower than my protein, and fats 25-30%. I found I cannot go too low on carbs or I don't have enough energy.
    This is entirely true. This is because all net carbs (that is to say, everything the body can burn, not things like fiber) are turned into glucose in the body, and when we consume them on a regular basis our body preferentially burns glucose as an energy source.

It takes 1-2 weeks for the body to adapt to burning fat as its primary energy source once it is deprived of carbs, and those 1-2 weeks kinda suck.

I'm doing it this year as a personal experiment more than anything else, but I'm finding the ability to have energy regardless of meal timings (blood sugar remains constant, regulated by the body instead of by diet) almost like a cheat code.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This is entirely true. This is because all net carbs (that is to say, everything the body can burn, not things like fiber) are turned into glucose in the body, and when we consume them on a regular basis our body preferentially burns glucose as an energy source.

It takes 1-2 weeks for the body to adapt to burning fat as its primary energy source once it is deprived of carbs, and those 1-2 weeks kinda suck.

I'm doing it this year as a personal experiment more than anything else, but I'm finding the ability to have energy regardless of meal timings (blood sugar remains constant, regulated by the body instead of by diet) almost like a cheat code.
    Keep us updated on your observations.

My experience with the body adapting and using the fuels it is provided seems so, I notice my body gets into the pattern of wanting to eat in ways I've guided it when clean. Kind of nice to crave a protein shake and clean meal to get pointed North again, so to speak, when my good patterns veer off due to schedule.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345