Thread: Sig P320 X-Five or Glock G34 Gen 5? Or ...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sig P320 X-Five or Glock G34 Gen 5? Or ...?

I'm looking for a new primary carry (open carry in Texas) pistol in 9mm to complement my G40 Gen 4 feral hog pistol. I want something with a bit less bulk and more CCW defensive in nature. An STI 2011 Costa Carry-Comp has had my attention off and on for a few years as well.

Initially, I'm leaning towards the G34 because I'm so accustomed to Glocks but, I don't really want to overlook something like an HK VP-9 or S&W M&P 2.0 either.

Weight is not a huge factor to me. I want to stay with hi-cap 9mm's and a long sight radius. Real world accuracy requirements are pie tin at 50' but, I want something that will ransom rest less than 3" at a 50 yards with normal ammunition available at any gun show or Wal-Mart, though @#!* ammo from a third world country doesn't count for accuracy only basic functionality.

Price wise, I'd like to stay under ~$1K but, I can go higher if there is a real reason but, Costa Comp money is about my top end at the extreme.

TIA,
    Sid

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Shot both side by side. Really liked the Sig's trigger, but the grip was not comfortable to shoot. The Glock 34 is a smooth, flat, shooter. It impresses all who shoot it at the range.

Feedback Score
    From a cost to features ratio,
    If you are going to be choosing a bigger than full service pistol,
    You would be hard pressed to beat a CZ SP01 Supressor Ready model.

Although, if I was the open carry type, I would probably just say F it and roll with my 1046 in a luxurious black leather holster with spare double mag holder each made from super tough Komodo Dragon leather outer with super soft, comfortable baby seal leather inners on a Boreno Orangatang belt, in a giant otter leather jacket with pika fur collar.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns...-steel-frame/#
    Never shot the Walter or even seen one in person but looks very nice, have heard good things about it and it should easily meet your accuracy requirements! G34 is a great gun as it comes from the factory,I have shot them many times hey it's a Glock, it will do what you ask of it. I have shot a buddies Sig X5, it's nice. Final decision is up to you,try and hold/shoot them all and then decide ! Seems interesting that you want FULL size competion guns for carry ! Its your choice so no big deal ! As stated the CZ SP-01 would be great also,check out a SP-01 Tactical,great gun with 19rds total ! The SP-01 Shadow would be top shelf also !! Sooo many good choices so little time,LOL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    G34. Dont look back

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It’s a Glock world.

Add a Barsto barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The CZ is an interesting option. I may have to give one of those a closer inspection.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I put an X-Carry grip on a full-size 320. I like it.

SIG320.jpg

Feedback Score
    The OTD price on one with
    Threaded barrel with thread protector, supressor height night sights that sweep back and extend sight radius, all steel frame with rail, and a pair of 18 round magazines is about $625.

I think it is the Best Buy for the service pistol plus/supressor host/offensive pistol category. It also weighs about 50oz loaded. What recoil?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”