Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What model is a 3" j frame .38 or .357 w a shrouded but still manually cock-able hamr

Feedback Score
    Just get a Centennial with its internal hammer; there is a longer barreled version too.
    I've taken the hammer spur off a couple 3 J-guns for people, but it's probably better to take out the single action notch at the same time.
    It's not too hard to cock a spurless revolver, but getting it uncocked while loaded is another matter.
    The guns I worked on had been dropped on the spur hard enough to break it off, but the guns didn't fire.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Not quite the same but this is what I have: SP101 spurless DAO

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There are several models like that. Here’s my Model 649, all stainless in .357 Magnum:
    My_649s.jpg
    There’s also the 638, with an aluminum alloy frame.

This design was introduced as a snag-proof single action revolver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 649 is a great option if you want to retain single action capability.
    If you consider the light weight version, definitely take one out for a test drive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptman View Post
    The 649 is a great option if you want to retain single action capability.
    If you consider the light weight version, definitely take one out for a test drive.
    I will say that the 649 ain't light! It's solid stainless steel, and it feels like it. But there is an aluminum frame version (stainless cylinder), the 638, which weighs 14.6 oz empty, where the 649 tips the scales at 22.2 oz. There was a model 438 with a Scandium frame in .357 as well - those guys are so light you worry they'll float away!

This design comes from the original Model 38 Bodyguard Airweight and 49 Bodyguard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12