Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM Recce 16 vs Centurion Complete opinions wanted

Feedback Score

BCM Recce 16 vs Centurion Complete opinions wanted

I was about to buy a BCM Recce 16 from Grant, then I saw the thread about the Centurion rifle and now I'm quite torn! Anyone have any insight on this topic? Centurion complete vs BCM Recce 16. Or is there another I'm missing? For a little backgroud, I'm looking for a good quality do it all type carbine (fully aware of the limits of that statement). The Price is flexible to a point, but I like simple and proven. It will likely get a vortex razor 1-6, backup irons, ect... Basically the "one" rifle, if you could only have one (not that I'm going to limit myself). Thanks for any help, long time lurker, almost never post anything.

Feedback Score
    You can’t really make a wrong choice here. Obviously, BCM has a much more established track record as far as complete rifles go but Centurion has a long history of general quality with their products as well. If you’re evenly split between roll marks, I’d snag whichever is cheaper.

As far as others are concerned (since you asked), Sionics is worth a look. I just built an upper using their barrel and rail (would have bought a complete upper but prefer no forward assist receivers as a lefty). I’ve also used three of their LPKs. Very impressed so far.
    Last edited by rockapede; 02-23-19 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    You can’t really make a wrong choice here. Obviously, BCM has a much more established track record as far as complete rifles go but Centurion has a long history of general quality with their products as well. If you’re evenly split between roll marks, I’d snag whichever is cheaper.

As far as others are concerned (since you asked), Sionics is worth a look. I just built an upper using their barrel and rail (would have bought a complete upper but prefer no forward assist receivers as a lefty). I’ve also used three of their LPKs. Very impressed so far.
    I was about to say the same thing basically. I would give sionics a serious consideration. All three are good options.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick replies, I agree it looks like both would fit the bill pretty closely. I mostly wanted a second set of eyes on the specs. The main differences appear to be in the subjective areas: trigger, rail, stock, muzzle device, ect... I will look into sionics a look. I'm open to suggestions and first hand accounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylight View Post
    ...main differences appear to be in the subjective areas: trigger, rail, stock, muzzle device, ect...
    That’s exactly it and it’s exactly that: subjective. Those parts may change as your preferences change, so don’t get too hung up on them. As long as you start with a good barrel, BCG, and an in-spec receiver set (along with perhaps the most important feature: correct assembly) your rifle is likely to be solid. BCM, Centurion, and Sionics should all deliver on that front (as well as others; though the price points may be significantly different).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was just in the market and was found a used Recce 16 for less than a Centurion so I went with that.

Price would be my only factor making a choice between those two, as long as neither had any Geissele rails on them. (Yuck)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I was just in the market and was found a used Recce 16 for less than a Centurion so I went with that.

Price would be my only factor making a choice between those two, as long as neither had any Geissele rails on them. (Yuck)
    Oh yeah? Where did you get it?
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Oh yeah? Where did you get it?
    Haha, That was quick.

I was actually going to add “a perfectly maintained used Recce 16 in immaculate condition that shoots like a laser beam.” but figured you might not see it and didn’t want to make these fine people jealous.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Would you mind expanding on the Geissele rail thing? I own nothing Geissele but have considered their rails for future builds and had always been under the impression they were highly regarded.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Would you mind expanding on the Geissele rail thing? I own nothing Geissele but have considered their rails for future builds and had always been under the impression they were highly regarded.
    Objectively they are strong, but expensive.

Subjectively, I still have one, I’ve installed several, and compared to every other rail I’ve ever owned (KAC BCM, Centurion, DD, etc and even Larue) I think it is heavy, sharp, ugly and has a terrible feel.

I prefer literally any other known-quality brand (except ALG, lol) for rails than Geissele.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast