Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
Excellent topic to discuss doc.
I don't agree with the premise that one poster made that it doesn't matter the threat, preps are preps. I believe it does matter because part of surviving isn't just having the stuff to survive, it is understanding the threat and their TTP so that you can counter whatever actions are initiated against you. I call it intel, but at its core it is knowledge. Someone said, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6) This is a true statement. I don't think any war or battle has been won absent of some measure of reliable intel and knowledge of the enemy. I think thinking otherwise is short-sighted and naive.
At some level it does matter of course. I've taken the Forward Observer Intelligence Class, done a follow on Area Assessment, understand CARVER decision making etc.....BUT, the fact is the BASE PROBLEMS remain the same. No matter what happens I still have to eat. I still have to have clean water. I still need to defend my stuff.

NOW, HOW I CHOOSE TO DO THAT, may depend on what I know about the threat and my success in doing so will depend maybe in part on the accuracy of my understanding of the situation but at it's base level, all problems are the same. I'm not going to be a General in the coming Civil War, my little concerns are my own. I'm not enlisting and "going to war or battle" other than in my own little neighborhood and I understand it well enough. It's not that hard or complex,