Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of Ruger Red Label All Weather

Feedback Score

Value of Ruger Red Label All Weather

I have an opportunity to purchase a Ruger Red Label O/U All Weather stainless steel/synthetic shotgun. A family friend passed away and his widow wants to sell it. I want to give her a fair price for the gun.

It is a 26” barrel 12 gauge with removable chokes. I would say the condition is not quite NIB (there is no box), but very good.
    Knowing the previous owner, I would expect that he shot 4 boxes of shells through it at most.
    I have looked on Gun Broker, Guns International, several forums, and I haven’t really found much info. It seems that they are scarce because Ruger stopped making them in the early 2000s.
    As best I can tell, somewhere between $1500-$2000 would be about right. For those who know about this sort of thing, does this seem correct?

I will attempt to upload pictures soon. Thanks
    "For frantic boast and foolish word, Thy mercy on Thy people, Lord!" - Recessional

Feedback Score
    Honestly, pass. Ruger red label o/u were never very good. Poor reliability and durability, barrel regulation, etc. This is from a clay shooting perspective - so higher volume. Fair i guess for one box a year, but I wouldnt pay over 500 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ok, I appreciate that information and your perspective.
    I’m not crazy about the shotgun to be honest. I’m not a shotgun guy in general, and I don’t really want one that’s of questionable quality.

Feedback Score
    Shotgunworld forums and sale section would be a good reference

Feedback Score
    Oh and with 26 inch barrels it will never sell

Edit: maybe 26 inch for some hunters is ok...

Last edited by bulldozer3; 02-23-19 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Ok, I appreciate that information and your perspective.
    I’m not crazy about the shotgun to be honest. I’m not a shotgun guy in general, and I don’t really want one that’s of questionable quality.
    If your friends family needs help just help them but not by buying that gun. I agree with bulldozer. It would be a poor investment IMO even at $500.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Id say 750 to $1,000 without much research. Just give $750, your friend wants you to have it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    A family friend passed away and his widow wants to sell it.
    Unless you really want it, why don't you simply post it on GunBroker for her?

Let the market decide what it's worth, and wash your hands of it...

Feedback Score
    A few years back I had a Ruger RL 28 ga for Grouse hunting and the gun was like a lazer but it had a habit of not kicking fired casings out. Needless to say but I soon replaced it with a Browning Lighting in 28 ga that was twice the gun that the Ruger was.

Feedback Score
    As best I can tell, somewhere between $1500-$2000 would be about right. For those who know about this sort of thing, does this seem correct?
    As other have mentioned they didn't have the best reputation. Looking at value I can't see someone paying $1k+ for one of these without a personal connection to the gun. In the $1500-$2000 price range you're competing with new and used o/u's from Browning and Beretta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast