Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of Ruger Red Label All Weather

Feedback Score
    Bit of an old thread, but had to weigh in. I bought a Ruger Red Label All-Weather 26" about 4 years ago and paid $850. Mainly on nostalgic as I learned to shoot sporting clays on an RL. Fast forward 20+ years, I had to have one and then learned about the All-Weather version and that was my hunt. There are not that many out there and it became a bit of a unicorn hunt. All that being said, I have been shooting trap and skeet with it since buying it and easily have several thousand rounds through it. I love it and it is definitely a conversation starter at the range. I was concerned about 26", but I think I've gotten used it. It does look a bit funny on the rack next to all the other 30"+ high-end shotguns, but it holds its own. I know I have more shooting errors than the gun does. As far as reliability, I have had zero issues. Give it a good cleaning and it runs like a champ with whatever I shoot through it. I use extended chokes, so I'm running just shy of 28". I am interested in hearing how it worked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    Oh and with 26 inch barrels it will never sell

Edit: maybe 26 inch for some hunters is ok...

Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    I bought a Ruger Red Label All-Weather 26" about 4 years ago... I was concerned about 26", but I think I've gotten used it. It does look a bit funny on the rack next to all the other 30"+ high-end shotguns...

Minority opinion: I like 26" barrels.

My uncle and father both have Weatherby Orions (the old Made-in-Japan ones) in 20ga with 26" barrels. They're light and handy and quick-swinging and a delight to shoot.

I liked them so much that when I bought a Benelli M2, I picked out a 21" barrel, because the gun's overall length and sight radius is the same as those O/Us with 26" barrels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12