G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IFAK setup advice & what is the best compact gauze and compression bandages?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by younggrasshopper View Post
    There are things contained within a military IFAK that arenít necessary in a civilian one in most situations. Like a full IV kit.
    Military IFAKs are not issued with and should not contain IV kits. Everything in a military IFAK should be compatible with the scope of practice of an Infantry PVT. Iím all for cops carrying the same.
    RLTW

ďThat is why there isn't an AK chart.Ē -SteyrAUG
    ďThey eat tide pods also so what's your point?Ē Retrorevolver77

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Military IFAKs are not issued with and should not contain IV kits. Everything in a military IFAK should be compatible with the scope of practice of an Infantry PVT. Iím all for cops carrying the same.
    Many other military medics Iíve talked to have told their units to add IV starters to their IFAKS so they donít have to carry a million of them. In the general civilian scope, I was merely saying they could be omitted...

I was a 68W long before I was a cop. Sorry I didnít say that to begin with.
    Last edited by younggrasshopper; 10-08-19 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by younggrasshopper View Post
    Many other military medics Iíve talked to have told their units to add IV starters to their IFAKS so they donít have to carry a million of them. In the general civilian scope, I was merely saying they could be omitted...

I was a 68W long before I was a cop. Sorry I didnít say that to begin with.
    Fair enough. We used to do similar in units Iíve been in a while back, but its been largely DCíd to make room for other stuff. I just donít think thats the best way to stage IV supplies, and official policies tend to agree. I suppose IV stuff wouldnít be the worse thing to have in an IFAK, if you can fit it. Dumbest thing Iíve found in someoneís IFAK is Twizzlers, so thereís that.
    RLTW

ďThat is why there isn't an AK chart.Ē -SteyrAUG
    ďThey eat tide pods also so what's your point?Ē Retrorevolver77

Feedback Score
    Do you prefer skittles....? Hahaha

But generally speaking, I think the main thing civilian IFAKs should cater to is the ďMĒ in ďMARCHĒ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123