Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What about case lube?

Feedback Score
    I use the homemade Dillon lube with approx 12/1 mix of isoheet or 99 alcohol and liquid lanolin. Toss brass in a box, spray, shake and spray again. Toss cases into casefeeder on dillon 650, then tumble in dry media when done. You can process allot of brass this way without making a mess or handling cases all that much.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have never used One Shot without sticking a case.

Wait, there were instructions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    WORD UP!

Cue MarkM posting the video of when he blew up his remaining supply of OneShot...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Cue MarkM posting the video of when he blew up his remaining supply of OneShot...
    I wish I knew how to unlock my youtube channel. We could make some cool videos, but we've become lazy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If Hornady One Shot is not properly applied and the sizing die cleaned and sprayed with One Shot you will have stuck cases.

Hornady One Shot is a dry film type lube and the cases must be allowed to dry before sizing.

I have home made alcohol and lanolin spray lube, and tried any other type wet lube you can think of and they also work well. "BUT" these type lubes must be removed and it can be time consuming and extra work.

But as long as you follow the Hornady One Shot instructions I have not had any stuck cases. I would not recommend One Shot for once fired machine gun fired 7.62 cases, but for normal sizing conditions it will work fine.

If you do a Google search you will find people who love Hornady One Shot and also find people who hate Hornady One Shot. Now ask yourself why do some people hate it, and why they hate it.

I can think of a few reasons why some people do not like Hornady One Shot.

1. Not applied properly and evenly to the entire case.
    2. Die not cleaned.
    3. Dirty rough die that needs polishing.
    4. Ask yourself why the cases are sticking and not blame the Hornady One Shot. It works for many other people why doesn't it work for you. (don't shoot the messenger)
    5. Did you ever have a stuck case with any other type case lube and why did it get stuck.
    6. Hornady One Shot didn't work because you were in the Marines and slept through that class.
    7.There is the right way, the wrong way and the Army way.
    8. And if the Army USAMU doesn't get stuck cases what are "YOU" doing wrong.
    P.S. Aim High Air Force.

Slick Tricks: Techniques and Tools for Big-Batch Case Lubrication
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...e-lubrication/

Last edited by bigedp51; 02-25-19 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I sure hate guys that know what they are doing! And read “instructions!”

Very excellent demos. Even a caveman like me could do that.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never understood making lube. The DCL goes a long way, and it's not that expensive. Pappabear went nuts and bought us a whole case of it. Probably outlast the both of us.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I play with different spray lubes but keep going back to RCBS Case Lube 2.
    Put a few drops on an RCBS pad, smear it all over, lay @10 cases on the pad, roll back and forth a couple times with your palm on the cases, dump cases in a bin, add more cases, repeat, up to 150 or so cases with each lube application. I have a .17 bore mop mounted horizontally from my bench that I put a couple drops of the case lube on and run it inside each 5.56 case just before I size it to prevent case stretching.

Once the cases are completely prepped I wash then in hot water with Simple Green and Lemi Shine, dry and load. I get less dented or stuck casings with this method and use it from 5.56 to .416 Remington. Water soluble, non toxic, and they sell it at Walmart so the cost goes on our grocery budget (along with Hornady bullets, CCI primers and beer).
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 02-26-19 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I see all these "processes" and wonder why not just dump the brass in a tray and spritz them with DCL. You don't even have to hit them all evenly. The stuff is so user friendly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've never understood making lube. The DCL goes a long way, and it's not that expensive. Pappabear went nuts and bought us a whole case of it. Probably outlast the both of us.
    It's cheaper, admittedly not by much. I was more curious than anything and was out of case lube at the time. As a bonus my wife has found other uses for the lanolin so there's that.
    Cheaper is assuming however that Dillon mixes it to a similar ratio.
    All that said, it works very well so my time and effort wasn't a waste.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast