Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete AR15 CAD assembly + Colt M16 Technical Data Package

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Which CAD program is needed to open the files?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    We included native solidworks files (although other studios can open solidworks files).

We also included universal formats: .step and .x_t. Any studio (Inventor, Fusion 360, Solidworks, FreeCAD, etc) should be able to open those.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The X_t file is what I used for fusion 360.

:thumbsup:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanthetroll View Post
    Included in the files are the M16 blueprints - all the actual Colt dimensions that we used to make sure this CAD model is spot-on.

The barrel/rifling/chambering is even on spec. It's fun just to use a cross section tool and see how things fit together.
    The raw talent and passion that went into this will be lost on so many people. I havent been modeling for the last 6 months; but when I was it would take me about 10 minutes to do a propper screw. How much time do you and your team have in this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    The raw talent and passion that went into this will be lost on so many people. I havent been modeling for the last 6 months; but when I was it would take me about 10 minutes to do a propper screw. How much time do you and your team have in this?
    Thanks! I appreciate the appreciation.

It took me and two buddies about 3 months of work (working late into the night). Probably 400+ man hours. Past there we worked indirectly (finding the last few issues) over the course of a few months. Maybe 100 hours there. Finally, it took 50 hours to get it formatted nicely for public release and not release to Defense Distributed as was originally planned.

Feedback Score
    Proprietary Information
    This Document and all information thereon is proprietary to and exclusive property of Colt Industries Operating Corp, Hartford CT., U.S.A., and shall not be reproduced, duplicated or copied in whole or in part, disclosed or made available to any other person, firm or corporation or otherwise used without prior written permission of the owner. This drawing or pring must be returned to the owner upon completion of the purposes for which such permission may be granted.
    So, you got this through FOIA. How can the US Government freely give away something it does not own?

Before I download this, can I see a copy of your written permission letter from Colt Industries?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    So, you got this through FOIA. How can the US Government freely give away something it does not own?

Before I download this, can I see a copy of your written permission letter from Colt Industries?
    The Army owns the TDP for the M16A1 as of 1990.

Just like they will own the M4 TDP in 2037.

The signed release form from the Army is included in the document.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is beyond my comprehension, but it looks amazing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Moved to AR Technical.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast