Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Suppressor

Feedback Score

9mm Suppressor

I've been looking at 9mm cans and I wanted to ask what your guy's thoughts are what the best pistol 9mm can is. I'm currently looking at the AAC Illusion 9 and the Rugges Obsidian 9. Any others you would suggest? Thoughts on these two I listed?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    I just got an SilencerCo Omega 9K out of jail not even a week ago, so I don't have a lot of time behind it. I chose it because it also will handle 300 Blackout, as well as it's a relatively short can.

I have two older 9mm cans, both no longer in production, one SWR and one AAC.

If you are going to primarily shoot out of a 9mm pistol, I would recommend getting one of the shorter cans. My two old cans are long and having all of that hang off of the front of the pistol can be a bit challenging in terms of weight, and balance etc. If you are shooting a 9mm SBR or SMG style gun, that's not as much of a big deal.

My other advice is once you do make a decision on what to purchase, during your wait time, stock up on all of the adapters/parts/etc that they make for that particular can. Having now 2 which are out of production I can tell you that getting spare parts and such can be a royal pain. The two companies which made mine immediately quit providing any support and spare parts once they went out of production.

Best of luck
    cc

Feedback Score
    What are your goals?

Is actually using most factory sights on many pistols important? An atypical shape like an Osprey may allow that.

Do you want a can for mulitple pistols, calibers, that you can clean on your own, like an Octane 45?

Do you want something cheap that looks like it belongs on a classic like an 80s B movie formyour M11 or Uzi, like a Bowers?

Is size or sound most 8mportsnt to you?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Size and sound are the most crucial for me. I have have a set of Trij HD's on my G19 so they are not stock sights, but they are stock height. Changing wouldn't be a big deal to me though. I am looking for the best sound reduction at the best size. That's why I am looking heavily at the Obsidian 9. It seems to offer both without costing an arm and a leg.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was kinda in the same boat but wanted something for 45 also and I ended up going with the dead air ghost m. And being able to get it during their $400 price was a factor also.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Size and sound are the most crucial for me.
    Those are kind of incompatible. I have the Illusion, it is a good compromise on size/sound.

Feedback Score
    I realize how that could come off. I'm looking for the best happy medium. Anything over 8 inches is too long and anything under 4 inches would be too short. If someone has amazing experience with a suppressor that is on the long side and loves it I want to know why I should go that route or vice versa.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got the Obsidian 9 a little while ago. Its been to the range once so far and only in the short configuration. It's noticeably louder than a full size .45 can outdoors, as expected (this is my first 9mm can, I normally shoot an Ospery or Octane .45 with a 9mm piston.) That said, it wasn't uncomfortably loud without ear-pro. I normally use ear-pro even when shooting suppressed, but also like to see what it's like without when trying new cans. Based on my experience I would guess it would be uncomfortably loud indoors, but maybe not in the longer configuration. It performed flawlessly on my M&P Shield 9. It feels ridiculously short. It is light. So far I'm happy with it. Clearly I can not attest to its longevity.

I have always recommended a .45 can to be someones first non .22 pistol can, basically because in the past they weren't much longer/heavier than a 9mm, and because it gave you the added benefit of being able to use it on .45 hosts, should the need arise. With the advent of these modular cans I may have to rethink my recommendation, especially to people who neither have a .45 or intend to buy one. An inch difference isn't that noticeable, 3 inches is. (Theres a "thats what she said" joke in there somewhere, I think)
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    I have an AAC Ti-Rant 9 with 3 lug adapter for all of my 9mm rifles/SMGs and a Zev (CGS Group) Kraken for my 9mm pistols. The Ti-Rant (either the old 9 or the new 9m) is a great all-arounder that I was using on my pistols too but the Kraken is a bit quieter, the Kraken is not full auto rated though. Zev (and their distributors) sold out of them but you can still find them on GB occasionally and from what I understand CGS is (or will be) producing them again without the Zev partnership.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been very happy with my 9K. It's small, provides good suppression, and is built like a tank- rated up to .300BK super
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast