Thread: The MiniMark

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The MiniMark

I love Clone builds... hard use, heavy duty, battle proven designed ARs made with the best parts the industry has to offer. The weapons they mimic have served our special forces well..
    The downside of any clone, be it a gun or sheep.... they are completely devoid of individuality. So instead of building a “clone correct” MK12 Mod0 or ModH.. I decided to mix it up and make a Mod of my own.
    These parts are not cheap and I’m on a very limited budget, so I had to sell my Colt Commando upper, and trade away my original pre-Benchmade Killian K5 tactical hawk to get all the parts... and if my budget wasn’t enough of a challenge, I was recently “hobbled” with badly broken left leg and a sprained right ankle. I did all the “leg work” and built it from my bed/bedside with my leg elivated as ordered. I have a vice mounted to a harbor freight grinder stand that was brought in for me to do the torquing... with 6-8 weeks of immobilization prescribed, it has been a great way to help pass time, and a much needed distraction from the pain.
    There is still a little tweaking to be done... I like the ACOG a lot and I think an ARMS #19 mount would help pull it off, but a 1-4 scope with #22 rings might be a better option down the road... and I need to get an OPS12/AEM collar fitted to complete the aesthetic, but until I can afford an AEM5 I’ll be running my SiCo Hybrid so I’m sticking with an ASR flash hider.
    As it sits now it’s of the most beautiful pieces of fire breathing art I’ve ever created. Only a few more weeks before I get to see how it shoots

I give you the Mark12 Mod Mini... or Minimark

*** I’ve Citristripped the residual paint off of the Recce rail since these pics...looks MUCH better now***

This last Picture is my favorite...
    Look at all the engineering that went into every part, and how they all fit together... all designed and created to give or troops the most effective means to reliably neutralize any threat they face....
    Yet sitting here idle on a shelf, it’s a beautiful sculpture of polymer, steel, carbon fiber, and aluminum.

BCM Upper
    BCM BCG
    BCM 11.5” barrel
    ARMS #40L rear BUIS
    PRI Gas Buster
    PRI Recce rail
    PRI GEN3 Handguard
    PRI flip up FSB
    SiCo ASR FH
    SiCo Hybrid 46
    Trijicon ACOG T31F-G
    Aero Lower(for now)
    KAK buffer tube
    SBM4 brace(SBA4 when they are available
    Colt H buffer
    BCM grip
    RediMag(because it was in the parts bin)
    Tactical Link(because RediMag)
    Cheap bipod(Harris incoming)
    Last edited by Mygrainman; 02-26-19 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Interesting build and some solid parts there. You just let me know when you’re ready to cut some weight down and get rid of that redi-mag. :-)

So what led you down this path? Was it just a clone bug?

One question, what’s the purpose of the bipod on an 11.5? At first I thought you just used it for pics but then noted you have a Harris inbound. I don’t want to assume so I thought I’d ask. Also let me know how you like the PRI folding sights. I’ve been a fan of their fixed front sight for quite a while but haven’t taken the finding sight plunge just yet.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams