Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Triarc ar15

Feedback Score

Triarc ar15

I am getting a triarc 13.9 pinned upper and was wonder if anyone has used their uppers or rifles? How reliable are they with 2.22/5.56 55g and up? I noticed they use a .073 gas port size is that enough gas for a 13.9 midlength barrel?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You just created another thread stating that you were buying a PWS upper. It sounds like you are not sure what you want. What are you intending to use this weapon for? What are you looking to get out of it? How did you decide on these two uppers?

Feedback Score
    I was gonna do the pws upper but ended up trading someone for theirs so I still need an upper for my bcm lower. I am looking for an upper that would be as short as possible pinned and came with a geissele mk8 rail for strength. Which they offer. I want something ultra reliable with most 223 and 556 ammo. Its gonna be my truck and training course gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If you want ultra reliable why are you going with Triac?

Why do you need your hand guard to be strong? You’d be fine with a Magpul MOE for every conceivable circumstance.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-26-19 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IMO I would not recommend going with a pin and welded muzzle device. I know you want something shorter than a standard 16" gun but when all is said and done you really aren't gaining much after pinning on a long muzzle device. If you ever want to change anything on the upper (handguard/muzzle device) you're kind of stuck with it unless you send it out to get unpinned/cut off. If you really need a shorter barrel for vehicle deployment you're better off just going the SBR route. The BATFE e-form system is back up and running and from what I've heard most people are getting their stamps in less than a month. If you don't wish to go that route you could always go the pistol brace route. I would avoid a pin and weld at all costs.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPDKar98k View Post
    IMO I would not recommend going with a pin and welded muzzle device. I know you want something shorter than a standard 16" gun but when all is said and done you really aren't gaining much after pinning on a long muzzle device. If you ever want to change anything on the upper (handguard/muzzle device) you're kind of stuck with it unless you send it out to get unpinned/cut off. If you really need a shorter barrel for vehicle deployment you're better off just going the SBR route. The BATFE e-form system is back up and running and from what I've heard most people are getting their stamps in less than a month. If you don't wish to go that route you could always go the pistol brace route. I would avoid a pin and weld at all costs.
    Pistol brace may get you shorter but far more issues than a P/W. They’ll be banned at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Eurodriver are you implying that triarc is unreliable? If so why do you say that?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Eurodriver are you implying that triarc is unreliable? If so why do you say that?
    I’m not implying a thing. I’m just asking why you would go with a company like Triarc if you want “ultra reliability”.

Feedback Score
    I have a few friends that swear by them but I haven't heard much about them so I am trying to find out if they are reliable. What would you recommend for ultra reliability?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This is crazy talk, but BCM actually sells uppers too. And they're pretty well thought of.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast