Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Triarc ar15

Feedback Score
    I have a few bcm rifles I was looking for something different. I am just trying to find out from the people with triarc rifles or their barrels if they are reliable.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    ok, I guess that makes sense. would make it easier if you put all that in your OP.

My opinion, mags, ammo and lube are part of the "ultra reliable" formula too. You use Uncle Jerry's bubba'd reloads with a 1970 VN left over, lubed with talcum powder, you'll have issues independent of manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Why do you need your hand guard to be strong? You’d be fine with a Magpul MOE for every conceivable circumstance.
    I don't personally know the OP, so I'll guess you do. I would ask the opposite question, who would you possibly want a handguard that isn't strong? I think polymer handguards work well from an OEM perspective, but I don't see why anyone who intends to use a weapon on a regular basis would retain them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    I have a few bcm rifles I was looking for something different. I am just trying to find out from the people with triarc rifles or their barrels if they are reliable.
    I wouldn't worry about a pinned FS, if for some reason you decide you absolutely can't live with it anymore, you can cut it off. It isn't the end of the world, and it certainly isn't like you can only have one upper receiver group. I would guess most people have multiples, with some of us having a cornucopia of goodness.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Yeah I have a few 16" guns that I tinker with but I was looking to add a 14.5 pinned upper with a geissele mk8 rail which triarc has I just didnt know if their guns were reliable.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There are a few IG gunbunnies that seem to love them. I just saw a post of one of their 2011s at 3100 rounds without cleaning. I’d assume they’re reliable, but there’s just not a ton out there. Go for it, and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There are a few IG gunbunnies that seem to love them.

Companies make me want to vomit sending stuff to people that have no idea how a weapon functions, how to actually use it aside from posing, and just throw an item in with breasts to be photographed.

Part of me wants to say that it must work, or the companies wouldn't send girls stuff, but it was pointed out to me recently that there is a little bit more involved, and guys are just getting played because they are horny in some of the companies. It was a bit of a shock to hear senior people in companies acknowledge this.

Its not the end of the world and doesn't have an affect in what I do, but I would rather see the items go to guys who will use something AND can provide feedback. Then again, Mrs Stick is a total hottie, so I'm happily biased.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Companies make me want to vomit sending stuff to people that have no idea how a weapon functions, how to actually use it aside from posing, and just throw an item in with breasts to be photographed.

Part of me wants to say that it must work, or the companies wouldn't send girls stuff, but it was pointed out to me recently that there is a little bit more involved, and guys are just getting played because they are horny in some of the companies. It was a bit of a shock to hear senior people in companies acknowledge this.

Its not the end of the world and doesn't have an affect in what I do, but I would rather see the items go to guys who will use something AND can provide feedback. Then again, Mrs Stick is a total hottie, so I'm happily biased.
    I meant the dude gunbunnies. I’m blanking on their real names but Ronin Tactics and Nine Banger are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Pretty sure Garand Thumb had good things to say too. I don’t actually know of any companies that use real gunbunnies, aside from the OAF Noveske vid from a few years ago. That wasn’t really my thing, and yet I still bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I don't personally know the OP, so I'll guess you do. I would ask the opposite question, who would you possibly want a handguard that isn't strong? I think polymer handguards work well from an OEM perspective, but I don't see why anyone who intends to use a weapon on a regular basis would retain them.
    I don’t personally prefer carbine length plastic handguards, but there is no strength issue with them. In fact there is no issue at all, unless you like long handguards on short barrels.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t personally prefer carbine length plastic handguards, but there is no strength issue with them. In fact there is no issue at all, unless you like long handguards on short barrels.
    Forward mounting of lights with variable options, zeroing needed items, as well as other reasons. Polymer handguards are a clear degradation of the system as compared to its modern counterparts. That doesn't mean they won't work for people, but there is no getting around the fact that polymer handguards are not typically an asset.
    Stick

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast