View Poll Results: Do you use a RDS on your CCW?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 100% of the time

20 19.80%
  • Most of the time

11 10.89%
  • Sometimes

13 12.87%
  • No, never

57 56.44%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: CCW: RDS or Iron Sights?

Feedback Score
    I have a RMR on my carry G19.5 and just ordered one for my duty gun, G17. After a training work up, I am faster on the clock an my scores did improve. My 19X and G21 will be getting RMR'd as money allows. Like with the move from irons to a dot with rifles, this is the future of fighting handguns and the M17 is going out red dot ready. More and more law enforcement agencies are either buying or approving for carry guns with MRDS systems. I won't buy a gun I couldn't put a RMR on at this point. There is that much of a difference.

The younger generation of instructors are running RMRs or other MRDS systems almost exclusively. Aaron Cowan, Steve Fisher, Scott Jedlinski, Chuck Pressburg, and Jon Dufresne to name a few. They also have guns with iron sights and still use them but per their own videos and social media posts, they prefer to run a MRDS for EDC. Hackathorn and Vickers aren't running RMRs, but guns equipped with them are showing up in their classes.
    Last edited by Vandal; 03-25-19 at 18:30.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pretty soon they'll have LPVOs on pistols.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789