Thread: Any such thing as sub sonic .410 000 buck?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any such thing as sub sonic .410 000 buck?

I know that one of the challenges in sound suppressing shotshell ammo is the multiple supersonic cracks of multiple projectiles. Of course the only way to address that being to use subsonic ammo.

If a 2.5" .410 having 3 or 4 000 buck pellets was loaded subsonic it might be interesting and fun, maybe. I even wonder if less powder might make room for just one more pellet than an ordinary load with 3 or 4? Probably not, but maybe?

TED

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post

I know that one of the challenges in sound suppressing shotshell ammo is the multiple supersonic cracks of multiple projectiles. Of course the only way to address that being to use subsonic ammo.

If a 2.5" .410 having 3 or 4 000 buck pellets was loaded subsonic it might be interesting and fun, maybe. I even wonder if less powder might make room for just one more pellet than an ordinary load with 3 or 4? Probably not, but maybe?

TED
    Remington HD Ultimate claims 1100 FPS. There is the weird (slug and 2 balls) Hornady Critical Defense round well under at 750. Not sure I would want to depend on either to save my life at anything other than point blank range. Where did you find a 410 suppressor? I cannot imagine there is a lot of demand for them.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post

TED
    Remington HD Ultimate claims 1100 FPS. There is the weird (slug and 2 balls) Hornady Critical Defense round well under at 750. Not sure I would want to depend on either to save my life at anything other than point blank range. Where did you find a 410 suppressor? I cannot imagine there is a lot of demand for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    One would have to be made.

TED