Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you choose for a PDW ?

Feedback Score

What would you choose for a PDW ?

What would you choose amongst the following? Why?

Sig MPX
    CZ Scorpion Micro
    AR Pistol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Having owned, or currently own, some of those, I'd go with the Scorp simply because of its lighter weight and handy folding stock. I don't have the Micro; mine is the 8" variety, but is still very handy.
    I have a Colt AR 10.5" carbine as well, and my favorite; the buffer tube makes it bigger. The Scorp is cheaper and more readily available, as are the magazines. The steel Colt mags are out there and not expensive, and the CZs are around $20@.
    Had an MPX, and mine was contrary, even after a trip to New Hampshire.Magazines were $60@, fer pity's sake! Made it go away.
    Let me humbly suggest that none of them are worth a damn without a stock or a brace; they are ergonomic disasters as pistols, and no matter how badass they may look, shooting 'em from the hip doesn't guarantee you'll hit much of anything. My current two are SBRs.
    They are all cheap to feed, and you can shoot them at ranges that don't permit 5.56.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As been stated above, another for CZ Scorpion... definitely on Price alone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I decided I wanted to have ammo compatibility as well as functionality for my PDW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ARx3; 08-13-19 at 00:34.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MPX as you have good aftermarket triggers and the gun shoots softer to me than the ar pistols I've shot in 9mm(haven't tried the cmmg with the delayed blowback). I also like how it has a locking bolt which should be safer than the ar pistols which don't if we are talking about pistol caliber.

Honestly though the mp5 is still going to be one of the best options although it isn't in your list.

Feedback Score
    I've been looking for something recently too. Something very small and relatively light that can easily be discretely carried in a backpack.

I like the mpx looks but 60 dollar mags..yeah no. Also I've heard of some reliability issues too.

The Scorpion micro, they're reliable and mags are reasonable. The videos I've seen them in though they seem to buck a lot... relatively anyway. People always talk about the recoil of the blowback system

Basic 9mm AR basically the same concern at the scorpion.

Where I'm leaning is building something similar to the guard based around one of their bolt and barrel kits.

Either that or just say eff it and get one of the mp5k clones...
    Last edited by loki993; 03-01-19 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    MPX , this gun has never malt'd on me, never cleaned it. It rocks. I heard the piston will eventually jam.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-01-19 at 19:05.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11.5 or 12.5 AR Pistol
    Why? Reliable, familiar with platform.

Feedback Score
    I was prepared to really like the MPX, and it did seem a little softer shooting than the blowback guns; some folks seem to love them, but as stated, mine wouldn't run all the time.
    The blowback guns aren't unpleasant to shoot; recoil isn't terribly different than a regular, lightweight AR.
    I'd think really hard about a turn-key gun, rather then building; too many stories on ARFCOM about changing recoil springs and buffers to get things to run right.
    Not really a safety issue with the blowbacks, either...the sear interrupter won't let the hammer fall until it's in battery.
    I'd have considered buying a neutered MP-5, but Zenith (Turk) is the only one I'm aware of building them currently, and prices were $2k last time I checked.
    Full sympathy on using existing magazines, but the Glock ones require a dedicated lower because of the feed angle, and double column/double feed is, at least in theory, better for feeding. Usually they don't offer an automatic bolt stop.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    We'll I had considered the initial cost of an mp5 clone and even the mag prices. However a quick look and accessories like braces and their prices the guard/banshees looks a hell of a lot more practical now. 2-300 dollars for a basic pistol brace is asinine
    Last edited by loki993; 03-04-19 at 00:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast