Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you choose for a PDW ?

Feedback Score
    BTW, 'a radio with an airplane on the other end' is the ideal PDW, but it's a little pricey for everyday use.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depends on the mission, doesn't it?

Without additional perameters, my vote is 11.5" AR.

Feedback Score
    Biggest i can use:
    11.5” 556
    6-8” 300blk
    Pistol

Right now, my opinion is that if its 9mm, its either a FA (preferably with mag in grip like an mp9 or m11/9), or just a pistol.

Feedback Score
    Best 9mm SBR IMO :

1. mini or micro uzi that is compact and pretty easy to shoot
    2. As you notted the Evo esp as they are making a 922r/SBR kit now
    3. Def a MP5K
    4. One of the number of 9mm AK out there most ready to go SBR when just a chop
    5. 9MM AR with 10 inch barrel

But most good 9mm semi sub guns save the Evo will hit 900-1000 or more .... Yes you can get a UC9 for 500 but they are shit parts guns ... Vector 900 or less if you look though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I was prepared to really like the MPX, and it did seem a little softer shooting than the blowback guns; some folks seem to love them, but as stated, mine wouldn't run all the time.
    The blowback guns aren't unpleasant to shoot; recoil isn't terribly different than a regular, lightweight AR.
    I'd think really hard about a turn-key gun, rather then building; too many stories on ARFCOM about changing recoil springs and buffers to get things to run right.
    Not really a safety issue with the blowbacks, either...the sear interrupter won't let the hammer fall until it's in battery.
    I'd have considered buying a neutered MP-5, but Zenith (Turk) is the only one I'm aware of building them currently, and prices were $2k last time I checked.
    Full sympathy on using existing magazines, but the Glock ones require a dedicated lower because of the feed angle, and double column/double feed is, at least in theory, better for feeding. Usually they don't offer an automatic bolt stop.
    Moon
    My friend has the Zenith. He loves it. I had the chance to get one a couple of years ago for $1k but passed.

I have seen a lot of alternative versions.

For the functionality, I am leaning heavily towards an AR Pistol since I can get one with bolt open on last shot, an upgraded trigger, familiar controls with my other AR platform, but a modular system.

I already have AR Pistols in 300 AAC/Blackout and in 5.56 mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I've heard many good things about the CZ, don't personal know. My choice was AR platforms (Colt's) magazine and a Glock magazine AR. I've got magazine well adaptor to use Colt magazine (low cost and available) can quickly convert SBR over to 9mm and a Glock mag lower I've got quite a few magazines so I could get by with one too. Main reason for me magazine ready available without costing much. With that I really enjoy them suppressed both of them work well with low cost steel case ammo. As a side note think about having 10 or more magazines for what ever you choose to be pre-loaded for range. If I'm able to wear / shoot out a barrel I can replace it easy.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    A PDW, for me, would be a 300BLK loaded with supersonics, like 110gr Barnes or Hornady GMX. An 8" or 9" barrel makes for a pretty diminutive package but should be GTG out to *maybe* 200 yards (terminal ballistics-wise).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    AR pistol OR Glock 20 with Shockwave.

Feedback Score
    I would go with the AR due to my experience with the AR platform. I have way toooooooooooooo many years with variants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12