Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Favorite or Least Favorite Compensator and/or Flash Hider?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    Scrolling thru this entire grouping and this stuck out since I also used to have one on a Ban era Bushmaster with the pinned "collapsible" stock. Loud as all hell but between that and the rifle length buffer tube and buffer, it was like shooting a .22 LR
    I had that rifle, also. It seemed like the brake pulled the muzzle forward and down. Very strange feel shooting it. Crazy loud. Absolutely nuts. It helped start a lifetime of not liking brakes and comps (outside of gamer settings).

I like A2’s and similar, such as FCD 1815. They are short, light, cheap, and effective enough. There are more effective flash suppressors to be had, but they are longer and more expensive. Some, such as the 249f and Dead Air, are a full inch longer than an A2. That length is better spent on barrel, IMO.

If pinning a 14.5”, then simple flash suppressors in the ~2.25” range from YHM, Griffin, or Smith start to make sense. Especially YHM because of price/performance.

Also, in an ideal world, short barrels get sound suppressors, and longer barrels don’t benefit as much from a longer flash suppressor. So the length/cost vs benefit is weak. And if I’m using a short barrel, such as 11.3”, without a can, its because minimum length is desired, so the A2 wins there, too. Remember, a 10.3” with a 249f is the same length as a 11.3” with A2, but the 10.3” gives up some velocity and requires a shorter handguard.

Essentially, the only time I would prefer something other than an A2 is as a mount, and the A2 will also do that, with certain cans. As my modular cans near release from purgatory, perhaps my love of A2s will dwindle in favor of FCD’s new Key Mo devices.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A2 vs 6315 in burst

6315KM is our Keymo mount version of 6315, and shares the same performance characteristics: A2 flash suppression, 15 to 25% better muzzle rise compensation without incurring more flash, concussion and noise.

6315km.jpg
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789