Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite or Least Favorite Compensator and/or Flash Hider?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 5.56 and 300 uppers still have A2 flashhiders. The 7.62x39 upper for hunting has a cheap $10 muzzle break to help my lpvo live a longer life

I don’t do any type of tactical or competitive shooting
    Last edited by tim808; 03-02-19 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    A2 works fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    A2 works fine.
    That's mostly what I have, but on my 14.5" M4gery I have a pinned Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5C2 to make it legal. I had a ban era 20" HBAR barrel with just the target crown, but ended up sending it to ADCO for threading so I could put a spare A2 on it.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 498cm3; 03-03-19 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    A2 mostly. My BCM has their mod 0 comp or whatever it’s called. I’m not into muzzle devices at all. I could care less.

Feedback Score
    I have a few. I have used A2’s which have always been great. I also have a Manticore Arms eclipse on my 11.5” which works awesome. I alway just bought a Dead Air and KAC which I’m not sure yet if I’ll like. I’m curious about the LaRue tranquillo brake myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I usually do the A2 but picked up a Forward Controls Design 6315. I really like it. Doesn't cause blast/concussion, reduces flash as well as an a2, and adds better muzzle rise compensation than an A2.

They are reasonable priced ($50) compared to a lot of other devices. Duffy from FCD posts here occasionally maybe he has something to add, but I will be using these on future builds
    Last edited by everready73; 03-01-19 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    What would you're muzzle device choice be for a ban state? Must be pinned and can't be listed as a flash hider.
    RESIST!!!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Right now I'm running Dead Air suppressor mounts almost exclusively with the exception of a MAMS on my SR25. Overall great quality FH and brakes. Plus it affords you the option to add a Pyro onto the FH for when you want the performance of a comp/brake if not running suppressed.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 03-01-19 at 20:19.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score

https://rouschsports.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    What would you're muzzle device choice be for a ban state? Must be pinned and can't be listed as a flash hider.
    I am putting together a NJ legal AR to gift to my brother. I chose the SCA Muzzle Brake Compensator. I did so b/c it was cheap and looked similar to an A2 and not some god awful 3" muzzle brake with ports the size of the sun. I just finished drilling it for the pin (had to get a carbide drill bit, HSS and Cobalt did nothing). I have not shot it yet. I will update once I have.

On my rifles I have multiples with an A2 and one with a BCM gunfighter.

The A2s have always just worked. They are good default IMO. The Gunfighter definitely throws more noise back to the shooter but its not horrid. The Gunfighter also seems to build carbon on the muzzle quite a bit. I have not experienced the feeling that it was throwing carbon/powder/fragments back at me.

https://rouschsports.com/shop/ar15-u...ompensator-a2/

The drill bit.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 03-01-19 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. No issues in about 3500 rounds. It was included with the rifle at no extra cost. That said, for under $10 an A2 is hard to beat.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast