Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite or Least Favorite Compensator and/or Flash Hider?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    My current fave is the A1. No complications, under $10, great flash hiding.
    No one makes a modern production A1 except Innovative Industries, and it's only available in black oxide instead of phosphate... So it's a no go for retro clones unless you had it refinished.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    With good ammo (black hills and tap) you get a fireball coming out of the small ports on 10.3, 11.5, & 12.5 sbrs. May be fine on a 16", I don't know. IMO the blackout is exceptional as a flash hider as is the plain AAC break as a break, if you are looking for a mix go with the 51T battlecomp.
    Here is the Brakeout Comp on my SCAR 16s (16" barrel at night) with the fireballs coming out the side ports. After that one shooting session, I removed it from anything I planned to shoot at night:

The Griffin Armament M4SD Flash Comp is one of my favourite all-round muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    The Smith Enterprises (SEI) Vortex gets my vote also. I have one on my Colt LE6944 (pinned and welded) and also my Colt LE901 (it comes standard on the 901). I can use my Smith Enterprises Windtalker suppressor on both rifles. AND I can still fit a bayonet on both rifles (you can't do that with most suppressor-ready flash hiders). SEI makes several models of the Vortex to fit different weapons, all the way up to .50 cal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 18bravo View Post
    The Smith Enterprises (SEI) Vortex gets my vote also. I have one on my Colt LE6944 (pinned and welded) and also my Colt LE901 (it comes standard on the 901). I can use my Smith Enterprises Windtalker suppressor on both rifles. AND I can still fit a bayonet on both rifles (you can't do that with most suppressor-ready flash hiders). SEI makes several models of the Vortex to fit different weapons, all the way up to .50 cal.
    What are your thoughts on the Windtalker sound suppressor? I never really hear anything about them. There are a couple videos on YouTube that make them not seem so great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    What made you decide to go with the G6A3? I went straight from the G6A2 to the G6A4.

I forgot to mention the ring, sorry about that. I know that it does in fact bug some guys to death.

I wouldn't worry about it falling off either, the few that I've removed have felt tighter than the 5 to 10 foot pound installation torque. I've always used grease on the threads when installing them as well.

The B.E. Meyers 249F and the White Sound Defense FOSSA-556 are another couple interesting flash suppressors but they both require washers, so I prefer the Vortex.
    Did you notice any improvement from the G6A2 to the G6A4?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Did you notice any improvement from the G6A2 to the G6A4?
    I have not been able to tell a difference in flash suppression with my eyes. I've been waiting to see someone do some comparison testing between the G6A2/A3 and G6A4, but as far as I know no one has included the G6A4 in on a test... According to Smith Enterprises it's a better flash suppressor than the G6A2/A3 models, and it supposedly has even less effect on accuracy.

I personally think the G6A4 looks cooler than the older models, but that doesn't really count for much.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 01-27-20 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Precision Armament EFAB/Hybrid is my go to on shorter than 14.5" guns.
    Unlike a lot of comps PA rates this as OK for as short as 10" guns.

Have this on 11.5" and 10.5"
    Actually does a good job as a brake and flash suppressor.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Precision Armament EFAB/Hybrid is my go to on shorter than 14.5" guns.
    Unlike a lot of comps PA rates this as OK for as short as 10" guns.

Have this on 11.5" and 10.5"
    Actually does a good job as a brake and flash suppressor.
    I have EFAB I think I'll have try on 11.5" or 12.5" barrel. I had it on my 16" training gun and loved it until it came time for shooting close to barricades, it would shred the plywood. I replace it with a White Sound Defense FOSSA-556 and really like it on my 16" gun. Super effective at flash suppression. I'm trying to decide if I'm going pin one on a 14.5 or go with a Vortex.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I use a combination of the PA AFAB and EFAB, White Sound Defense FOSSA-556, and suppressors using taper mount muzzle devices (cherry bomb) with taper mount cut barrels (BRT).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 390ish View Post
    Bushmaster mini-y comp. I dare you to find something louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scrolling thru this entire grouping and this stuck out since I also used to have one on a Ban era Bushmaster with the pinned "collapsible" stock. Loud as all hell but between that and the rifle length buffer tube and buffer, it was like shooting a .22 LR

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast