Thread: .22 AR

Feedback Score

.22 AR

I’ve made it past lurking in the darkness!

Here is my .22 AR, that came together with the help of Centurion Arms

My desire for a .22 ar came out of wanting to shoot cheaper ammo and at the time the main range I went to was indoor. I found a used upper with the beyer barrel and bolt. The handguard was a carbon fiber Clark tube I believe. I had the lancer lower from a time when I though I would give 3 gun a try. After years of on and off use (mostly off) and moving to a few states I landed in Central Washington with easy access to public land. In the last year I developed a love for the .22... Around Christmas 2018 I decide I wanted to begin practice with a sling and treat myself to some new parts. I decided on a Centurion upper and handguard, because of the great reputation they have and that I like matching parts. The centurion handguard was appealing because of its slim width. With the .22 barrel I didn’t have to worry about gas block clearance and it had an easy place to mount a sling. After receiving the parts, I took them to a gunsmith for assembly. Unfortunately things were not right after getting it back from the gunsmith. I contacted centurion for any tips they had on fixing the issue. Centurion gave me some tips and offered to assist. I can’t thank Centurion Arms enough for the support and assistance they provided. The level of customer service well exceeded my expectations. The Centurion parts are beautiful in a durable tool kind of way too.

If anyone is in Central Washington, please reach out. I’d like to meet some people to practice with.

Upper: Centurion
    Handguard: Centurion mlok 13
    Barrel: Beyer 16.5”
    Bolt: dedicated .22 from velocity

Lower: Lancer
    Trigger: ALG

Optic: Primary arms
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Actioncat; 03-01-19 at 16:26. Reason: Attempting to embed image

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I just completed my build as well, and after a day at the range shooting .223, I also wanted to shoot affordable rounds but I only went with the bolt swap kit. Don't expect amazing shots from it, but as a way to start seemed like a no brainier. But a dedicated upper seems like a solid way to go.

Also a central WA resident. Been waiting for the snow to melt to go finding some places to target practice as well. So much snow up in the hills!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I Jane to get mine sited in. It’s been on the back burner for a bit. I’ll get it up and running soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk