Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Low Fat vs Low Card For Weight Loss

Feedback Score
    The best diet is WW, previously called weight watchers. Using the app, it teaches you to eat healthy. I’ve dropped 25 pounds in the last 10 weeks and am never hungry. I can eat all I want of certain foods. I eat a lot of white meat chicken, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables. I avoid all junk food.

This diet does not count carbs or calories. It does count points. My wife and I started it together and have both dropped the pounds. I intend on eating like this for life.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    The best diet is WW, previously called weight watchers. Using the app, it teaches you to eat healthy. I’ve dropped 25 pounds in the last 10 weeks and am never hungry. I can eat all I want of certain foods. I eat a lot of white meat chicken, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables. I avoid all junk food.

This diet does not count carbs or calories. It does count points. My wife and I started it together and have both dropped the pounds. I intend on eating like this for life.
    There's no lack of nutritional scientists etc who would LOL at such a statement. It's an adequate diet, generally well balanced, etc, but there's nothing special about it per se, and as long it's working for you, and continues to long term, drive on. Again, to repeat, getting the weight off is not the difficult part, keeping it off is.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Forum is double tapping on me today.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Again, to repeat, getting the weight off is not the difficult part, keeping it off is.
    But that’s the great thing about this “diet”. It’s not really a diet but rather a shift in eating habits that is sustainable. I never feel like I am missing anything because I can actually have some “bad” things, just in moderation.

My wife has always had problems with different diets because she craved different things during the diet. She hasn’t had the first craving doing WW. We can eat bread, chocolate, etc. just in moderation. Everything is easily tracked on the app so there is no guesswork.

The bottom line to me is that I really never knew how to eat healthy. Doing WW has opened my eyes and made healthy eating seem so simple.

I encourage anyone that struggles with weight or health issues from eating to try it. It’s simple, easy, and enjoyable. Just buy a lot of chicken and keep that grill on standby.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    But that’s the great thing about this “diet”. It’s not really a diet but rather a shift in eating habits that is sustainable. I never feel like I am missing anything because I can actually have some “bad” things, just in moderation.

My wife has always had problems with different diets because she craved different things during the diet. She hasn’t had the first craving doing WW. We can eat bread, chocolate, etc. just in moderation. Everything is easily tracked on the app so there is no guesswork.

The bottom line to me is that I really never knew how to eat healthy. Doing WW has opened my eyes and made healthy eating seem so simple.

I encourage anyone that struggles with weight or health issues from eating to try it. It’s simple, easy, and enjoyable. Just buy a lot of chicken and keep that grill on standby.
    Which is all good and commendable but calling it the best is a stretch and it's far from say the cutting edge of science per se. If one can learn to eat a decent balanced diet with some moderation, that's all win win to me. One can do worse than WW all around sure.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Which is all good and commendable but calling it the best is a stretch and it's far from say the cutting edge of science per se. If one can learn to eat a decent balanced diet with some moderation, that's all win win to me. One can do worse than WW all around sure.
    It’s the best thing that I’ve tried. I make no claim beyond that. I hope that anyone that has tried other diets and didn’t get results, would find a benefit from this. Finding something that works can be very difficult. I found something and just want to share to help others.

Feedback Score
    It’s the best thing that I’ve tried. I make no claim beyond that. I hope that anyone that has tried other diets and didn’t get results, would find a benefit from this. Finding something that works can be very difficult. I found something and just want to share to help others.

You put your calories in
    and your calories out
    in, out, in, out
    you shake it all about

You do the hokey cokey
    and you turn around
    that's what it's all about

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Agree...not even close to any kind of scientifically valid diet. Anyway, as we know...diets don't work -- lifestyle change does. And after a lifetime of a particular set of eating habits, the inexorable pull back toward the eating habits that got one obese in the first place is a very real issue and the reason that diets don't work.

Beware those with boundless enthusiasm for any particular diet...they're still in the honeymoon period.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    You put your calories in
    and your calories out
    in, out, in, out
    you shake it all about

You do the hokey cokey
    and you turn around
    that's what it's all about
    Except....not exactly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So what were the results? Pretty much what I had expected. When the source calories are healthy, isocaloric, and protein the same between groups, the effects are essentially the same.

Cont:

https://brinkzone.com/low-carb-vs-lo...r-weight-loss/

Good post. Without having that particular study to refer to, I kind of reached the point about 3 years ago of just eat healthy food. For me, that also meant cutting a lot of crap food that tended to be unhealthy carbs, like chips, etc. Currently my wife and I follow the Mediterranean diet, which is a long-term proven diet (see here), is a joy to eat and prep food for, and we pretty much don't have to mess with all the specialized calorie/protein/carbs counting. It is not the fastest diet for 'weight loss', but it compensates by being long-term sustainable and probably the best overall for your health.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast