Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.5” middy

Feedback Score

14.5” middy

A702CCB7-67A0-40B2-ABFD-9D206CBD6DFE.jpgF4AD5118-0DA1-4C6C-BE9C-E3C287D1FAC0.jpg3C24314A-317E-416C-8B57-0C981FECAC2D.jpg

This is my most recent build
    14.5” Rainier arms/FN middy barrel
    Rainier arms pinned lo pro gasblock
    SOLGW soul snatcher receiver set
    Geissele mk14 13” handguard
    Geissele SD-C trigger
    Geissele receiver extension
    Geissele super 42 H2
    Geissele SCH
    BCM FDE BCG
    BCM QD sling swivel
    Forward Controls Design ABC/r
    Forward Controls Design CNF
    Forward Controls Design ESF-H
    Forward Controls Design EMR-A
    Forward Controls Design LDFA
    Forward Controls Design PF-040
    Forward Controls Design MSQ-H
    Forward Controls Design Sling Keep B
    Forward Controls Design Springs and detents kits
    Griffin Armament Taper Mount Flash Hider
    Badger Ordnance C1 safety
    Ergo AT grip
    B5 Sopmod stock
    Seekins trigger guard
    Railscales
    Aimpoint PRO
    Scalarworks 1/3 mount
    Ferro Concepts Slingster

I built this to have what would be considered a “hard use” gun as I don’t really feel the majority of mine qualified under that ideal. It’s new I have very few rounds through it as of now but it shoots incredibly smooth and can see this being my favorite AR15, at least until the next one is finished 😂

Feedback Score
    She's a sweet one, I'm sure it's a great duty rifle.

Personally I run a DD upper 14.5 pinned on a FN lower Geissele/LMT parts topped off with the Marines TA-31 RCO and it has to be my favorite shooter.
    Zechariah 13:6 (KJV)

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    She's a sweet one, I'm sure it's a great duty rifle.

Personally I run a DD upper 14.5 pinned on a FN lower Geissele/LMT parts topped off with the Marines TA-31 RCO and it has to be my favorite shooter.
    Thanks. I wanted something that I could do some carbine classes with that was simple and functional. Currently my only other two 556’s consist of a piston AR and one with a law folder so they’re not exactly the simple tried and true AR15

Feedback Score
    NIce parts list you put together there and that should serve fine for a hard use rifle

Is there a specific reason you went with the Geissele Buffer components? Have you used this on other guns and seen a difference with anything? I usually use A% or just regular carbine extension, but have been interested in the Geissele and JP Silent capture spring

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    NIce parts list you put together there and that should serve fine for a hard use rifle

Is there a specific reason you went with the Geissele Buffer components? Have you used this on other guns and seen a difference with anything? I usually use A% or just regular carbine extension, but have been interested in the Geissele and JP Silent capture spring
    The only reason I went with the Geissele buffer stuff is I was buying the RE and just got the full setup. It’s probably not any different than any other H2 setup but I figured I’d try it out. I should bring a standard spring and a H2 to the range and see if there is any discernible difference or not. Some people say it has less “twang” but I hardly notice it anyway anymore.

Feedback Score
    great build!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Very nicely done! I really like those FN barrels. The Geissele stuff is cool too

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    14.5" middy's are the cat's pajamas.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Nice looking build. I also like the Forward Control parts - your parts list looks like a mix of alphabet soup agencies and military part nomenclatures.

Are the FN manufactured barrels for Rainier identified as such? I've seen some Rainier CHF barrels on sale, but they aren't priced at what an FN barrel would be priced at. Can you provide a link to the barrel in your reply?

Thanks
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    They aren’t advertised as FN barrels but the mountain series is done by FN https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...l-5-56mm-nato/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast