Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GLOCK Customer Service

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sounds like more of the same... great service!

Did I read you correctly Paul? 4 (four) Glocks broke on you in a two-week period?????!!!! Will you please explain the nature of the "breaks" and you said they all kept running?

Feedback Score
    I got home from a departmental re-qual one time and found that the locking block on my Glock 22 had broken on the left side sometime during the day. It was only discovered after the qualification and other shooting was well over and only during cleaning.

As an armorer, I had a few spares and it was a simple, quick fix.

I recently had another officer contact me in a frenzy - he had been shooting his G22 and somehow the rear of a case blew out and tore the extractor out of the pistol in the recoil. Not a true kaboom from what I can tell. Magazine stayed in the pistol and he didn't notice anything "funny" during the damaging shot - other than he didn't have eye protection on when shooting and knew I was going to give it to him since I had trained him in basic.

He was able to recover the back of the case/case head and the chamber was clear (no case stuck inside) but couldn't find the body of the case - it was either a bad reload with factory case/pulled bullets (not likely), bad old factory round, or the case had been damaged in the area above the rim at some time. The rounds were an old mix of rounds - Federal case, probably a Hydra-shok (had some others still in the mag). No other damage to the pistol. The pistol operated as a single shot with manual extraction - I just had to see.

$14 in parts - I replaced everything connected with the extractor just to be safe. Replaced more than I had to. It test fired fine and is back in service.

Glock customer service has never been an issue. I did a complete E-series frame replacement for 20 Academy Glock 17s and they let all the frame parts be stripped for spares as well - said they would just be trashed anyway. All the new frames were complete when shipped with the addition of the "1" to the serial plates.

Feedback Score
    The 4 "failures" were:
    - Broken frame rail on the G23 - still functioned
    - broken trigger spring on the G34 - still functioned by pointing to low ready and shaking to reset.
    - kinked safety plunger spring on the G19 - doubled on every shot but worked.
    - Broked front steel sight on the G17, screw sheared off during recoil - finished the stage without the front sight and did OK.

Allmost forgot the slide release spring broke on my G35 about 2 weeks before so I guess it is 5 Glocks in 4 weeks. Must be some kind of record for one person. I had all the parts (except the frame) for immediate fixes. You have got to love the simplicity.

Glock offered to issue the same serial number with a "1" but it would take 8 to 10 weeks. I opted for a new serial number - about 1 week.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12