Thread: Home gym build question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Home gym build question

So I’ve decided to build a home gym, just can’t get to Golds anymore due to distance and family obligations. I plan on getting a Rogue HR half rack and an adjustable bench so I can do squats, bench press, deadlifts, and a whole host of other lifts. I intend on using their 1.5 inch thick, two foot square rubber mats for the base to protect the floor. Due to space, it will be out back of the house on a tile floor under a roof.

When it rains the once or twice a year here in SoCal, some water does find its way across the floor where the gym will go, in the grooves between the floor tiles. My question is what should I do if anything to keep water from reaching the rubber mats and potentially getting under them? I also plan on getting some tarps to cover everything when not in use as everything else back there, the grill, our bikes, a tables and some chairs, are always covered in a coating of dirt and pollen, we live somewhat close to where two freeways meet.

I was thinking maybe running a caulk line around the edge of the rubber but I don’t know if that would damage the rubber.
    Last edited by rero360; 03-03-19 at 09:16.