Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta apx centurion 2000 round review.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Beretta apx centurion 2000 round review.

Full disclosure: i have a blue label APX from release day with about 8k rounds through it. I stopped carrying it about 7 months ago due to my sig p320 x-carry. This centurion had been sitting on the shelf for some time and went on clearance for $440. In the box there were 2 magazines and a loader. They are also having a $75 rebate on the apx currently.

I had no expectations going into this. If it shot as well as my full size APX i would be pleased. As it turns out this is now my favorite pistol by a mile. I enjoy it more than my cz custom shop pistols, wilson combats and agency arms glock. The reason? The grip is just fantastic. It is much improved over the full size. The grip texture is very aggressive but not painful. That combined with the bore axis gives it almost zero muzzle movement. I mean it literally feels like it is not moving.

Size compared to the full size:
    Centurion slide length 6 5/8"
    Full size 7 3/16"

Grip length:
    Centurion 4 1/8"
    Full size 4 7/16"

The trigger pull is a consistent 5lb 4 oz. It is crisp and has a very good reset. I did order the beretta reduced weight striker spring like my full size has.

Accuracy is great (better than me I'm sure) at 11 yards can knock the center out of the target.

The sights leave a lot to be desired and you have to send it in to have them replaced. I am currently having the beretta spartan night sights installed.

Malfunctions: currently at 0

Any questions please feel free to ask. I would not hesitate to reccomend this pistol
    Last edited by TacticalFun; 03-03-19 at 10:05.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    I have not seen one in person. Also picked up a first day APX.

Do you have a pic of it in your grip?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have not seen one in person. Also picked up a first day APX.

Do you have a pic of it in your grip?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.
    The trigger guard is large enough on my APX I had concerns with centurion/compact models that they would be a “finger dangler” like a Glock 26 without a mag extension.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Thanks.
    The trigger guard is large enough on my APX I had concerns with centurion/compact models that they would be a “finger dangler” like a Glock 26 without a mag extension.
    All of my fingers fit on the grip and i have large hands. The compact my pinky hangs off of.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why do you have to send it in to change the sights out?

Can't they be pushed?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Why do you have to send it in to change the sights out?

Can't they be pushed?
    No. A regular sight pusher does not have enough force. The tool to do it properly is $550. I'd rather just pay the $40. A shop tried it with my full size and mangled the slide. I had to send it off for repair.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    What are you guys doing for holsters on the Centurion? I picked one up but I'm reading that full-size slides or maybe frames are a bit narrower and not compatible. Also not many kydex benders making holsters for the gun period.

I really like it and am toying with getting a combat as well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    What are you guys doing for holsters on the Centurion? I picked one up but I'm reading that full-size slides or maybe frames are a bit narrower and not compatible. Also not many kydex benders making holsters for the gun period.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254183079015

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

Some guy on reddit says that he throws his in a beretta 92+light safariland it works and snaps into place.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 04-10-19 at 02:05.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast