Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can a BCG change recoil impulse?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’m going to assume, and I know what that gets me, that the worst recoil is with the farthest extended? The other option would be least extended, but I think that would be creating other issues.
    Okay, so I/we were wrong. One stood out as being the least extended at the point where it starts to engage the cam path.

Feedback Score
    I wrote down two numbers for the TC bcg due to it seeming to hit a bump in the road to say, it was hard to get a measurement on that one. To get the most reliable measurement, I twisted the bolt as hard as I could while pulling outward to get it to hit the face of the cam path. The RTB, Stag, DD and SOLGW were very easy to get that feel and measurement. The TC was difficult, but was noticeably shorter distance to hit that cam path. I did measure many more of the bcg parts, all other parts measured nearly identical to the 1 1/thousandths of an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    Okay, so I/we were wrong. One stood out as being the least extended at the point where it starts to engage the cam path.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How interesting! I learn much from M4C. makes sense; steep cam path means inertia is overcome quicker.

Feedback Score
    So the TC gave the most perceived recoil?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    It is nickel boron from a respected manufacturer.
    NiB and respected manufacturer don't really go hand in hand.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    AAC NiB bolts/carriers are pretty damn good... although they supposedly machine the parts to account for the thickness of the NiB vs. parkerizing, where as most simply throw the coating on and let it ride.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formula11 View Post
    So the TC gave the most perceived recoil?
    Yes, it is quite noticeable, to the point I thought there was something wrong with the gun. It was in a BCM 14.5 mid with their pin and welded comp/flash hider. I was ready to have the muzzle device replaced due the abnormal recoil impulse, it was the only thing I could think of. Then by chance I swapped bcg's with another AR. Magically the BCM ran butter smooth like they are rumored to be, and the DD that I put the TC bcg then had that same sharp recoil impulse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah, not too impressed with NiB in general, but had to try it. TC has to at least have a decent bcg. The phosphate TC compared to the DD bcg, yeah the DD seems a few notches up in quality vs TC. My PSA TC bcg is rough, I also have a Core15 that appears to be a TC and is nicer than the PSA but still not as solid and tight as DD/microbest.

Feedback Score
    Anecdotally I feel my recoil impulse changed after installing Sprinco ejector, and extractor springs. Could be the extra oomph, of spitting the brass out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by npena84 View Post
    Anecdotally I feel my recoil impulse changed after installing Sprinco ejector, and extractor springs. Could be the extra oomph, of spitting the brass out.
    I run Sprinco 5 coil extractor springs and have not noticed a difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast