Thread: JP Tactical Trigger Spring Kit

Feedback Score

JP Tactical Trigger Spring Kit

All the trigger spring kits I read about are the reduced power or the enhanced reliability kit. I just noted there are two additional kits on their web page that no one seems to talk about. These two kits seems to list a heavier pull over the enhanced reliability kit. The first is the Tactical spring kit and the last is CMP Service Rifle Spring Kit.

https://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.2_fc.php

Has anyone used these?? How long have they been around?

Feedback Score
    Welp. I ordered it. I guess we shall see what it is and how it works with a NP3 coated mil-spec trigger.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Just looking for a cleaner trigger?

Feedback Score
    The trigger feels clean enough, but it feels SUPER heavy. Maybe I am just too used to my Glock 19/34 triggers? I will put it on a pull scale before and after to see what happens.

Feedback Score
    They came in the mail today. The pamphlet with it stated they are for duty use when reliable ignition is needed. I don't have access to a scale at the moment but it seems to be about the same weight as
    the stock mil-spec springs that were already installed. Maybe a hair lighter. I will update with pull weights at a later time.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 03-11-19 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    According to JP the springs you bought really need to be used with their trigger parts to realize any benefit. Dont bother using the reduced power springs with stock parts...you'll get mis-fires. There's not a whole lot you can do with stock type triggers to make them better...coating them with some slippery substance is about it.

Feedback Score
    I figured I would give it a shot to see what it was. I didn't think it was going to be anything ground breaking. I have the enhanced reliability ones in another rifle, which are a step lighter then these "Tactical" springs. I haven't had of the mis-fires with that kit, but I still won't put them in a defensive carbine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So the JP spring set will make a mil spec trigger much nicer. It’s not miracle nicer, but noticeably better. This is the same spring set that goes in their match trigger set. JP doesn’t recommend use with duty gun, but that is mostly because of potential for hard primers. I have literally fired thousands of rounds with a mil spec trigger and JP spring set. I have never had a light strike.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Which spring set did you use?

Feedback Score
    the red spring is supposed to only be used with jp triggers. I have the yellow spring in more than a couple lowers and I have yet to have a light strike. cci #41, rem 7 1/2, rem 9 1/2M, cci 400, cci 200.....they all go bang.

Plus I have not ever had one that came down to 3.5lbs. 4-4.5lbs is about all you will get, maybe less if you polish but I don't do that. The jp yellow springs and I add a set screw in the grip hole to remove the creep.