Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Registration equals confiscation ... don’t ever doubt it for a minute.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Registration equals confiscation ... don’t ever doubt it for a minute.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/43...clare-national

I’ve said for years, and my father before me said it, “registration equals confiscation”. In the above link, it is made abundantly clear. While major Antigun / Anti 2A politicians have not made this comment in public, the above article is a revealation which is only startling in that our opposition was brazen enough to come out and state it. Typically we get the line from politicians saying, “we don’t want your guns”, but even that thinly veiled lie is giving way to a simple “screw you and your guns” type attitude.

Gun rights advocate John Lott Jr. said in an interview that aired Monday:

a Democratic president would possibly declare a national emergency on gun violence in order to confiscate firearms.

"I'd see that [as] quite possible," Lott Jr., the author of "The War on Guns," told host Buck Sexton last week at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

"You've seen California, New York, Chicago, and other places in the United States that have already used registration lists that they've had to identify people that owned guns to force them to have to turn them in, and get rid of them," he continued.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's the only reason keeping me from filing to SBR one of my lowers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This has been a known in my mind for years. The only question I have is where does this take us, what does this lead to? Are we going to end up disarmed or in a conflict?
    Last edited by prepare; 03-04-19 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    I have believed this since the early 1990's. Before the Brady Law passed a lot of the old timers told their tales of how everyone knew that GCA 68 was de facto registration because a gun dealer has to surrender their 4473's to ATF if they go out of business. I know of one dealer who claimed he sent in a box of burnt 4473's upon liquidating his dealership. If that was true, I'm not sure if there were legal consequences for this since the guy left town shortly thereafter and I never heard from him again.

My dad and I had a "no buying from dealers" policy for a few years until we found out the hard way that private sellers often use the gun shows to unload their bubbafied or broke junk.

Really, the only salvation in the modern gun world is that there are just too dang many gun owners for them to have an easy time with a confiscation order.

Feedback Score
    To me the 2A is non negotiable. It’s not regulated and burdened with continuous restrictions, bills, safety legislation, background checks on top of back ground checks, or jumping through any bureaucratic hoops.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    To me the 2A is non negotiable. It’s not regulated and burdened with continuous restrictions, bills, safety legislation, background checks on top of back ground checks, or jumping through any bureaucratic hoops.
    The government has a whole lot of people that will gladly kill you before they give up their pensions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    The government has a whole lot of people that will gladly kill you before they give up their pensions.
    Of course.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The truth is that the massive proliferation of firearms is indeed a problem with this country and quite a lot of adults that do own should not own them.

I know many of you will object to hearing this, but it is the truth.

I don’t have a problem with these red flag laws, and support them. If you leave your gun in a bathroom stall, or shoot someone doing a backflip at a party, or start threatening your place of employment the government should come in and beat the shit of you, shoot your dog, and take your guns away.

Lots of comparisons about gun laws to the 1700s. What would have happened if someone started shouting in the town square they were going to shoot up the local dock yard and kill everyone? What would happen if they shot your daughter by mistake at a wedding?

With great power comes great responsibility. We’ve dropped the ball as a world class regarding the latter.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    And yet the proliferation of automobiles is multitudes more dangerous

No go bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    We all agree some people should not have guns , felon's out on bond or parole ,drug dealers gang members with multiple arrests ,and don't forget those who come into our country illegally . Now when you are successful at taking their guns away let me know . I do agree people who are mentally unstable owning a gun but which mentally unstable Person are we going to let decide who they are? Ex wives / husbands ? Step child who is mad because they can't smoke pot in their room ? How about all those people with MAGA caps ? We all know they are unstable because the Democrats and media said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The truth is that the massive proliferation of firearms is indeed a problem with this country and quite a lot of adults that do own should not own them.

I know many of you will object to hearing this, but it is the truth.

I don’t have a problem with these red flag laws, and support them. If you leave your gun in a bathroom stall, or shoot someone doing a backflip at a party, or start threatening your place of employment the government should come in and beat the shit of you, shoot your dog, and take your guns away.

Lots of comparisons about gun laws to the 1700s. What would have happened if someone started shouting in the town square they were going to shoot up the local dock yard and kill everyone? What would happen if they shot your daughter by mistake at a wedding?

With great power comes great responsibility. We’ve dropped the ball as a world class regarding the latter.
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast