https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/43...clare-national

I’ve said for years, and my father before me said it, “registration equals confiscation”. In the above link, it is made abundantly clear. While major Antigun / Anti 2A politicians have not made this comment in public, the above article is a revealation which is only startling in that our opposition was brazen enough to come out and state it. Typically we get the line from politicians saying, “we don’t want your guns”, but even that thinly veiled lie is giving way to a simple “screw you and your guns” type attitude.

Gun rights advocate John Lott Jr. said in an interview that aired Monday:

a Democratic president would possibly declare a national emergency on gun violence in order to confiscate firearms.

"I'd see that [as] quite possible," Lott Jr., the author of "The War on Guns," told host Buck Sexton last week at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

"You've seen California, New York, Chicago, and other places in the United States that have already used registration lists that they've had to identify people that owned guns to force them to have to turn them in, and get rid of them," he continued.